Archinect
anchor

What Is The Nuttiest, Goffiest, or Worst 'Bldg' You Have Seen?

MysteryMan

Vado,
I think the dots on the wall imply soap bubbles.

Aug 13, 05 9:23 am  · 
 · 
BOTS

much more private. Particular attension to detail at the windows

Aug 13, 05 10:11 am  · 
 · 
OlDirtyArchitect

You've got to give the owner and designer credit. the follow thru on the concept is impressive. Even the wall sconces are toilet bowl shaped. I'd say they've given mackintosh a run for his money.
More pics of marton:

http://www.damnfunnypictures.com/html/Toilet-Bowl-Restaurant.html

Aug 13, 05 2:17 pm  · 
 · 

And don't forget the after-dinner mints.

Individually wrapped for your peace of mind.

Aug 14, 05 8:44 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

2 funnt rita

Aug 14, 05 9:45 am  · 
 · 
anza
http://www.people.hojoster.dk/uploads/casa_poporului.jpg

in bucharest, architect unknown, bigger than the pentagon, built in the late 80's, commissioned by the dictator nicolae ceausescu

Aug 15, 05 8:44 am  · 
 · 
anza
http://www.timmorgan.com/photolog/vienna-prague/52-hunterwasser1.jpg

hundertwasser

Aug 15, 05 8:46 am  · 
 · 
paper tiger

bmyrum, i agree on both counts, i lived in both cities, and yes, graves should be shot, and harrahs should burn, though sadly that would take the rest of our beloved hole in the wall bar new orleans with it. but we could also take out that damn riverwalk mall and get it all redeveloped...if only i ruled the world....

Aug 15, 05 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

bruce goff stuff is cool

Aug 15, 05 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

Somewhere in Japan

Aug 15, 05 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

This gem in Dalat, Vietnam

Aug 15, 05 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

more

Aug 15, 05 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

and finally

don't take too much notice of this last one, it's just hot air.

Aug 15, 05 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
AP

BOTS, that first thing is in Tokyo, and MAN does it suck.

Aug 15, 05 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
Alan Loomis

I'm a big fan of the Longaberger Basket. It's bigger than a duck.

Aug 15, 05 9:00 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

I think the oriental pearl wins. Its not just nutty, its also one of the worlds tallest free standing structures, taller than the sears tower or the petronas towers in kuala lampur...

Aug 16, 05 12:00 am  · 
 · 
AP

the mother of a girl I dated in high school sold Longaberger baskets. Oh the shame.

Aug 16, 05 9:27 am  · 
 · 
joek

i absolutely love that basket building, its way past bad and back around into cool. Brilliant, imagine presenting that in a design meeting to the board...

'You see, we SELL baskets, right?...'

And that house in Dalat, Vietnam is actually called 'Crazy House'. Its crazy alright, and actually the interior is quite beautiful in parts, not as 'calculated' as Gaudi but similar.

Oct 12, 05 11:22 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

this gem just opened here....excuse me, i just vomited in my mouith...it's a hot-air balloon museum...do you see it? get it? wow!

Oct 13, 05 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
hckybg

Agreed, joek. I have been to the basket building and will say it is far too absurdist to be bad. In a great way, it really sort of makes fun of the culture surrounding those Longaberger Baskets. Collect, collect, collect, pay big bucks, and here is your Mecca. Not to mention it takes the Route 66 "duck"-type building and blows it up to a size that is digestible at interstate highway speed.

Oct 13, 05 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

The original plan for the Longaberger campus included about 5 different basket buildings. They settled on one big guy.

Oct 13, 05 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

BOTS, that gem in Vietnam has to be the coolest building I have ever seen.

Oct 13, 05 3:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: