Archinect
anchor

valerio dewalt train

anza

i was just wondering if anyone of the chicago folk knows about the size of this firm? i will be interviewing there and wondering if anyone has worked there and what their experience has been.
i checked out insidearch and for the size of the firm i get 31-100, that's a big range!

Aug 11, 05 12:17 am
architecturegeek

My advisor worked there a while back, said it was larger. ( still a murky description but I think its higher than 50...not sure though)
They've done some decent stuff from time to time.. I like their research/experiment stuff like the thing they did with two rooms one virtual and one real and then transposing visitors by video.

Aug 11, 05 2:31 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

According to my 2004 edition of ArchiPages, they have 31 architects and 4 support staff.

I remember hearing somebody saying they're a sweatshop, but that was a few years ago, and I don't remember anything more specific than that. They've done some interesting design work, though.

Aug 11, 05 7:24 am  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

Sounds like a petrolium co. sponsored NASCAR team.

Aug 11, 05 8:23 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

They do very interesting work. anza, you will have to let us know, if you get the job, how it is there.

Aug 11, 05 8:44 am  · 
 · 
anza

thanks all
off to lake george, ny for some wilderness (if there is any left) in the adirondacks for the weekend.
i'm looking forward to the interview after i return to civilization... will keep you posted of how it goes...
agree, mysteryman, name is a bit outlandish for an arch firm... sound scifi -ish to me!

Aug 11, 05 8:52 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

I know some people there - great firm. Large but not overwhelming. ( I think theyre around 60 people) Corporate but still loose. All in all a great well rounded firm that actually does some neat stuff. 3-m building in schaumberg IL for example.

Aug 11, 05 9:13 am  · 
 · 
Stewart Hicks

I worked there a year ago, they were about 35-40 then. They do fluctuate and may be larger now. If you have any specific questions, let me know.

Aug 11, 05 9:17 am  · 
 · 
marketfair

do you have an anatomical gift?

Aug 11, 05 9:54 am  · 
 · 
Stewart Hicks

Some have said that my extreme musculature and low bodyfat % can be attributed to a genetic "gift." However, it has taken years of hard work in the gym to attain my near perfect Arnold-like physique.

Aug 11, 05 10:36 am  · 
 · 
marketfair

did you eat a lot of corn. I did.

Aug 11, 05 11:07 am  · 
 · 
3ifs

damn, i thought this thread was about power tools...

Aug 11, 05 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
marketfair

I rode my RYOBI 9.6v all the way last night.

Aug 11, 05 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
info from InsideArch
Aug 11, 05 5:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: