Archinect
anchor

Please Do Not Respond If You Are Not Highly Qualified...

AP

thanks for stealing my thunder, steven. ;-P........

Mar 14, 07 7:42 pm  · 
 · 

won a few archi-prizes for being smarty pants, so suppose i could apply to oma...but am not remotely interested.

the most cool-i-est prize i EVER won was a 10 speed bike at a pro-hockey game. i was 9, i couldn't even reach the seat, and i had to wait a few years before i could ride the thing but i still was soo happy.

Mar 14, 07 8:22 pm  · 
 · 
some person

Miss Wisconsin National Pre-Teen Pageant: 2nd Runner Up

Rick Majerus Basketball Camp: Hustle Award

High School Volleyball Camp: Awesome Attitude Award

Potomac Curling Club: Best Wipe-Out (2005); Best Take-Out of Own Team's Rocks (2006)

(hrm...that kinda sums up my life in a nut-shell... except for the pageant stuff...it's been all downhill since. )

Mar 14, 07 8:24 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics

I was in the National Spelling Bee in 1996, but I didn't win, and you'd never guess from my typos here.

Mar 14, 07 10:43 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Won at Herman Miller showroom party, September 2006:

Mar 14, 07 10:53 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

AP is indeed both urbane AND sophisticated. However as those two words are synonyms, I will alter my comment to "urbane and well-dressed".

No emoticon.

Mar 14, 07 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
geimanj

I won some ballroom dancing lessons and a snickers bar in a tango contest in 7th grade.

Got 75 bucks and a ribbon for placing in an amateur photo contest in 8th grade.

I was voted "Best Dressed" in my High School class.

It's been downhill ever since...

Mar 14, 07 11:42 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i can do the robot......what do i win........ g.i.joe style and manniquin style..... and isobotic style......

Mar 15, 07 1:15 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

Im a gift to this world ...

Mar 15, 07 2:35 am  · 
 · 
garpike

I dress myself.

Mar 15, 07 3:07 am  · 
 · 
hobbitte

I bought lotto for myself for the first time in my life, won $34, but it backfired because I had my car clamped and fined $50 the same day!

Mar 15, 07 5:17 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i won a Wings album when i was 10.

Mar 15, 07 8:27 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

I won my 1st grade halloween contest thanks to my mom making me up to look like Kiss' drummer Peter Chris...I beat out a kid dressed as Darth Vador

Mar 15, 07 9:58 am  · 
 · 
z|o|o|m

I won "most aerodynamic" in a pinewood derby
and I'm also a 2-time winner of the campus-wide STD Scavenger Hunt

Mar 15, 07 10:19 am  · 
 · 

Is there a prize for 'least likely to respond to an OMA job advert'?

Mar 15, 07 10:23 am  · 
 · 
hobbitte

Embiguous - Sexually Transmitted Disease???

Mar 15, 07 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
not without

i won a "best deep fried thing" at the best deep fried thing contest: i rolled a dead cat in glass and armor-all...came out really crispy! but then this girl, i think her name is doreen, said that it was like totally gross and i really respect her opinion because she won the "best ripping sound from sitting on a hot vinyl car seat contest", a biannual contest which i think was last june and july (two-fer!)...i cant really remember so ok

Mar 15, 07 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

1st place in my Design 5 competition 2004 (inter-campus competition - all 3 campus's from my college)... "NO SLEEP TILL BROOKLYN"

Mar 15, 07 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

i won most OK employee in 2005 as a trusty member of the IITCCC staff!

Mar 15, 07 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
Rice Milk

I'm proud of all of you!

Mar 15, 07 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
Mar 15, 07 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
Dedalus

Runner-Up, 1996 Uncasville 200 yd. Patriots Day Potato Sack Race (lost in a controversial photo-finish)

Mar 15, 07 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

won 380$ in vegas once

Mar 15, 07 6:27 pm  · 
 · 
cmrhm

I won $500 in "deal or no deal" on Learning Annex Chicago show last year. I picked the most beautiful girl but she only contained $500 case. Another girl shorter and less pretty have $5000 case. Now I think she is beautiful too.

Mar 15, 07 6:49 pm  · 
 · 
ih1542006

My license to practice.

Mar 16, 07 6:48 am  · 
 · 
Rice Milk

CMRHM-

Hillarious!

Mar 16, 07 10:00 am  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

I got a C in one of my Masters Level Studios and got to take it over. Does that count?

Mar 17, 07 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
lovebird

I won the 1986 "Top Hopper MDA Hop-A-Thon" for hopping in place the longest. I proudly display my trophy, a cheap plastic rabbit spray painted gold on a wood laminate base. I haven't won a single thing since.

Mar 18, 07 3:36 am  · 
 · 
lovebird

No wait! I sell myself short. I also won Monopoly, X-Mas 2004.

Mar 18, 07 3:46 am  · 
 · 
mrtjr

circa 1992, our elem. second grade principal had a real nasty waxed mustache. The student with best attedance for the year got to shave it off while he sat on a formica table in the cafeteria, in front of the whole student body. I nearly took off his whole top lip.

Mar 18, 07 11:12 pm  · 
 · 
erjonsn

I received 2 "highest honours" for best delegate at Model United Nations, 2 years in a row.

And at a high school debate competition, "best research."

I once won a remote controlled car.

Mar 19, 07 12:31 am  · 
 · 

European Union scholar 1999
2nd place finish Manley Heroes Circle competition

Mar 19, 07 10:05 pm  · 
 · 

but really those don't count

I have 2no 2nd place finishes in Karate when i was like a pre-teen or something

i got an award from HS for technical drawing

and i kept coming 2nd in my class in prep school - hence my issues

Mar 19, 07 10:15 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

-Tied for first place, "save the earth" t-shirt design contest in 1988, sixth grade. Designs were combined to create one super design. Earth was then saved. Coincidence?

-Won the yearbook cover design contest in 1989, seventh grade.

-1991 Orange Peeling Champion in the lunchroom, ninth grade. Refused to recognize defeat thereafter.

-Shouted "Bingo" at local Catholic church festival. Not Catholic. Won $12. Summer 1992.

-2nd place for something in college in 2002.

-Finalist for some greeny tent thing, 2004.

-Finalist for a couple bike design somethings 2004 and 2005.

-$3 Super Lotto in 2006.

Mar 20, 07 2:29 am  · 
 · 
jjh

i won a directors chair (with my name on the back with fuzzy iron on letters) and a projector from a cereal box from '82 or '83. i think it was from Trix or Lucky Charms. The projector was a POS and never worked right - i was crushed. i also have quite a few belt buckles that i won in my past life as a cowboy. my parents have most of them, but i still have one with me just to remind me. you think all nighters are tough - try feeding cows when it is 30 degrees below zero.

Mar 20, 07 3:48 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

bump as the phrase appears in the steven hole advert.

May 22, 07 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

ah well, since it was already bumped...i won $205 playing bingo as a nine year old on a carnival cruise lines trip to the bahamas.

i was a (mighty)little celebrity for the rest of the trip.

May 22, 07 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

i won the d.a.r.e. essay contest when i was in 5th grade.

May 22, 07 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
May 22, 07 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
postal

i won bears tickets this winter...

it was a competition for raffle ticket placement in a jar.

May 22, 07 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

cris - i hope you've changed your ways, otherwise we're so not partying together.

or did you write a 5th grade essay that was critical of the d.a.r.e. program? now that would be so cool.

you should post the essay.

May 22, 07 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
+i

i won an in-house design competition last week- i am going to miami in june :) whoo hooo.

im surprised they even let me participate considering they know i am leaving in august :)

May 22, 07 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

mightylittle,

you're right, that would have been cool! i wish my little 5th grade mind would have had the critical thinking capacity to critique the d.a.r.e. program! but, no, i was a "goody two shoes" ha ha ha. but yes, i am proud to admit that i have "reformed" my ways, so party on!!! =P

May 22, 07 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

bump for holl's ad:

Please do not send links to websites, ftp postings or any format not described above as your application will not be reviewed. No telephone calls please. Please do not respond if you are not fully qualified.

Jun 8, 07 4:47 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

i guess i can't apply because just now having read through this thread i see that i posted my $205 bingo championship twice. (and now three times)

d'oh!

Jun 8, 07 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

thats over 600 hundred dollars!!!!

Jun 8, 07 6:59 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

wait a minute...you're right!

someone call 911, 'cuz i was robbed!

Jun 8, 07 7:02 pm  · 
 · 

there should be a prize for the hardest name in archinect to pronounce

Jun 9, 07 11:48 am  · 
 · 

gold medal for me. And I get the first on page two

Jun 9, 07 11:48 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: