Archinect
anchor

Barney Martin Passes: Del Boca Vista Saddened

MysteryMan

Maybe old news for some of you.
A friend of mine just sent me an email notifying me that Barney Martin died a few months back. I am sad that I didn't know because he was great. I am including my friend's email, because he wrote a nice epitath for this true American:

"Don't know how many of you are / were Seinfeld fans. I'm a big one. Got some sad news today that Barney Martin, the guy who played Jerry Seinfeld's dad Morty, died of cancer at the age of 82. He was born in 1923, was a navigator in WWII, worked as a NY City Police Detective for 20 yrs before taking a shot at show business.

His legacy will live on, though, in the form of the 'Executive', Morty's idea for the 'beltless raincoat' that revolutionized the raincoat industry as we know it. Morty work in the raincoat industry for 35 years and was known for his sage wisdom in 'the business'. As Morty was fond of saying, "Cheap fabric and dim lighting, that's how you move merchandise!"

Morty's declining years were not always good ones. Late in life he developed very severe back problems, the result of having to sleep on a pull-out sofabed.

Morty was elected President of the Condo Board Association of 'Del Boca Vista (Phase II). His otherwise successful tenure as President was marred shortly before he was to retire from office. Morty was embroiled in political scandals that resulted in his ouster from office. The coup de'tat that led to his downfall was led by neighbor Jack Klompus, who believed Morty to be embezzling funds from the Condo Association and who also privately held a grudge against Morty's son, Jerry, for taking Jack's 'Astronaut Pen'. Always a fighter, it looked as though Morty would survive the scandal until his plan to install Cosmo Kramer as the frontman of a 'puppet regime' was discovered.

He is survived by his wife, son and 1 tip calculator."

Vai com Deus Barney.

Aug 10, 05 10:32 am
evilplatypus

is it hot?

Aug 10, 05 10:34 am  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

That was just like every time that we visited my Grandparents in Central FLA. Grandpa had the worst fold out bed & NEVER used A/C.

Aug 10, 05 10:39 am  · 
 · 

man, i have those episodes on dvd. thanks sis.

Aug 10, 05 11:54 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: