Archinect
anchor

LA Archinecters

rationalist

Are we still up for Beachwood at 7pm tonight?

Aug 9, 05 6:07 pm

I'm going to assume by the 16 views and 0 responses, that the LA Archinect meetup has flopped, then.

Aug 9, 05 7:01 pm  · 
 · 
OlDirtyArchitect

fuck it dude, let's go bowling.

Aug 9, 05 7:21 pm  · 
 · 

I'm still willing to have some drinks tonight if anyone else is coming, but even the LA people who have been on the board today haven't bothered to respond, and I'm a bit reluctant to just go out and wait for people who probably aren't going to show. If I'm wrong and you *are* going to show- don't just view- post!

Aug 9, 05 7:33 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

everyone is out buying glasses.

Aug 9, 05 8:33 pm  · 
 · 
jonchitect

I'm holed up with a lame excuse and won't make it over

Aug 9, 05 8:35 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

dog ate your glasses?

Aug 9, 05 8:36 pm  · 
 · 

ok, well ACFA just emailed me saying he agrees it died due to lack of interest, so I guess that's it. = ( Another time then?

Aug 9, 05 8:41 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

rationalist i'd be honored to buy you a whiskey anytime you are in the midwest.

Aug 9, 05 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

vado, should we have a midwest fest?

Aug 9, 05 8:46 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

yeah and i'll try and find some of your fancy brazilian liquer

Aug 9, 05 8:51 pm  · 
 · 

vado- awww. Does Virginia count? It's west of about as much as anything in the so-called Midwest is, and I'm travelling to a wedding there in October. Can you tell me why it's not the MidEast? It's not even quite in the middle...

Aug 9, 05 8:53 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

if it were called the mideast we might get liberated.

Aug 9, 05 8:59 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

another good project dies before it gets realized.

ha. the life of architects. people shall write of this eternally always saying, "what if..."

Aug 9, 05 9:03 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

ants you might have met your soulmate tonite.

Aug 9, 05 9:05 pm  · 
 · 

seeing as I'm only ten minutes away from the agreed upon place, I'm game for pretty much anytime, except next tuesday, since it's my birthday. Unless my boyfriend chooses to play softball instead of celebrating with me, in which case I'll need some drinking buddies.

Aug 9, 05 9:24 pm  · 
 · 
jonchitect

yes, another time

Aug 9, 05 10:00 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

early happy birthday and i thought you were breakin up with him???

Aug 9, 05 10:02 pm  · 
 · 

no, not yet... I as I said in my email, once I accepted that it would happen at some point, we started having a lot more fun together, so I decided to stick with it for a while.

Aug 9, 05 10:04 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

roll with it gurl

Aug 9, 05 10:05 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Watching this meeting get (sort of) planned then (completely) abandoned has been interesting.

I'm guessing that it says something about the uncontrollable nature of real-life/time meet-ups ("What if we don't have anything to really talk about?") versus the warm safety of online correspondence ("Dude, you're awesome... we should go out drinking some time!"). Someone quicker than I already posed this issue.

If any of these get-togethers ever really happen, I want to hear the outcome/fallout.

Aug 10, 05 1:57 am  · 
 · 
ether

you might be right citizen.

Aug 10, 05 10:53 am  · 
 · 
mdler

i was under the assumption that the venue had not really been decided upon.

Aug 10, 05 6:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: