Archinect
anchor

Model Builder in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Area

Jason K

Does anyone know of a good model builder around Dallas? All of our regular guys are booked up till October and we need a presentation model done by mid september.

Aug 9, 05 11:09 am
Jason K

Ok...any model builder...we'll fly them in if we have too. They just need to be good and fast.

Aug 9, 05 11:26 am  · 
 · 
momentum

what type of model are you wanting, and how big is it?

Aug 9, 05 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
ichweiB

look up Cadco Architects in Abilene Texas. Steve Ellinger is the principal and they build pretty good models...a few were on display at a school show last year and I saw them...he might have someone he could send if you payed him enough...Abilene is like 2 hours from Dallas

Aug 9, 05 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
Jason K

4'x6' @ 1"=20' The model itself will need to be made out of some kind of colored plastic as the curtain wall system is comprised of 3 different colors in a random pattern. Interior lighting will also need to addressed. The building is a 300,000sf childrens hospital, and stands about 12 stories tall.

Aug 9, 05 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
Rizdog

This guy is really really good:

GRG Group Inc.
100 Manufacturing Street
Dallas 75207

ask for Marc. really nice guy but damnit if i don't forget his last name.
works with all the big daddies in D and has also done stuff for SOM, Gehry etc.......

my guess is he ain't cheap but his product kicks like Bruce

Aug 10, 05 3:45 am  · 
 · 
Rizdog

or if you want to decide to knock them out with some killer renderings, try http://m2studio.net/

Aug 10, 05 3:47 am  · 
 · 
Jason K

Thanks Rizdog, we use Mark Gawor all the time, but he is booked up till October. Haha...your right about his product. We've also used Michael Potts in the past, but we do all our own killer renderings in house now. Do you work for a firm in Dallas?

Aug 10, 05 10:15 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: