Archinect
anchor

archinect lull

greenmach

i haven't been posting, but lurking.
threads were compelling. now boring.
what has happened?

is it like studio? a cycle of calm and then storms?

Aug 7, 05 6:28 am
siggers

probably eveyone has gone on holiday and is either like me, depressed, or chilling out somewhere nice ;)

Aug 7, 05 7:26 am  · 
 · 
johndevlin

I went to a BBQ in the country yesterday

Aug 7, 05 7:56 am  · 
 · 
geno

maybe everyone's been busy gettin' lovin'.....

thanks to archinect.

Aug 7, 05 8:49 am  · 
 · 
Cameron

the summer lull - either you're outside relaxing or locked in working like a madman...

I'm pale as an alabaster vase - you can tell which I've been doing.

Aug 7, 05 11:57 am  · 
 · 
geno

johndevlin has for some reason taken a break from his usual posting of rebel rousing threads.

abra's psychiatric chair and architectural athenaeum seem to be on vacation as well.

even per corel is approaching his passion with less-than-usual diligence.

Aug 7, 05 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

It's August. Doesn't everything get a little slower in August?

geno, I can assure you that I have not, as you said, been "gettin' lovin'". I still manage to have a good time though. Which at least temporarily distracts me from the lack of "lovin'".

Per signum's suggestion, I did go and chill out someplace nice but I think following this post I'm going to recategorize myself as "depressed". :o(

Aug 7, 05 9:16 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

it's clear at least from my perspective, that many of us have outgrown the idea that the only conversations worth having have to do with architecture.

sometimes the inane, insane commentary is good food for future thoughts...

let it go and enjoy it.

Aug 7, 05 10:11 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

the architecture conversations are the ones that i dont respond to.

Aug 7, 05 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

wonderk you are just havin the post tpir blues

Aug 7, 05 10:40 pm  · 
 · 
heterarch

when i was a kid, my uncle told me that "architecture is life"
i totally buy in to this idea, and its logical conclusion is that architects must maintain a passionate connection to all the weird beauty that living entails. hence: sex, drugs and rock and roll... now that's architecture.

Aug 7, 05 10:43 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Lets play a game. Its called GIT, or Google Image Tennis.

I'll post a random image [I'll do an google image search on a word found on this page selected by blind mouse, and then pick an image I like off the first page of results: medium size], and then someone has to post an image that is somehow linked, and so on, and so on. Lets see how bored we really are...

Aug 7, 05 10:45 pm  · 
 · 
dia

[img]www.tell.ch/schweiz/ pic/tell-ch.jpg
[/img]

Aug 7, 05 10:45 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

actually, i feel that with the summer lull i have been posting much more than i normally would. maybe it's time to get back to work...

Aug 7, 05 10:48 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I like games, diabase, but I only play them if they work! Please repost your image I can't find it!

Aug 7, 05 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
Suture
Aug 7, 05 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Well OBVIOUSLY the lull is due to me being at the beach for a week and you all just can't seem to carry on without my bouyant and intriguing commentary....

Here is diabse's link, fixed

hold for a moment while I look for a good image in response....

Aug 7, 05 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
Suture

you can have jesus juice or a jesus martinini

Aug 7, 05 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

bronze figurative sculpture, wacked

Aug 7, 05 11:00 pm  · 
 · 
dia

SORRY

[img]http://www.tell.ch/schweiz/ pic/tell-ch.jpg
[/img]

Aug 7, 05 11:01 pm  · 
 · 
dia

sorry. I'm so sorry. I need glasses.

Aug 7, 05 11:02 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

that one was on the line...

Aug 7, 05 11:02 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Well obviously there are some really bored people out there right now. I'm busy paying bills but i'll post one in a few.

Aug 7, 05 11:04 pm  · 
 · 
dia
Aug 7, 05 11:04 pm  · 
 · 
Suture

so tribal

but more tribal:

Aug 7, 05 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
heterarch

wonderk, what happened to the price is right north american tour? :) how can you be depressed with something like that to look forward to?

Aug 7, 05 11:07 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

So wait, diabase, did I fix the link or was the woman in the hat your original image? I thought the sculpture of William Tell was our starting point.

Aug 7, 05 11:13 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

That's funny, WonderK, I'm paying bills tonight too! Such exciting lives...

Aug 7, 05 11:14 pm  · 
 · 
dia

No, you got me liberty. The original image was of William Tell, becasue I blind mouse choise 'tell', the woman in the funny hat was found by silver fur, which was indfluenced by your contribution. Obviously, I play by the rules, which makes me the boredest.

Aug 7, 05 11:20 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
Aug 7, 05 11:22 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i'll leave you all to guess what this ^^ one is about...

Aug 7, 05 11:23 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Well diabase you might be the boredest but I am the biggest freakin' architecture dork on the planet because I looked at your woman-in-hat image and immediatley thought:

Shigeru Ban

Aug 7, 05 11:25 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

is that yer nurse beta?

Aug 7, 05 11:31 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

North American Tour is postponed, we didn't win the Winnebago. And I have to say that paying bills would be a lot more interesting if we had! But here's the kicker, and I can say this to you guys because none of my other friends check this board, I don't think we got on the show because my girlfriend wasn't wearing enough clothing. Seriously, Triple E up there has more on than my friend did.

But it's ok, the North American/New Zealand and British Isles Tour will take place immediately following "WonderK's Date Auction and Telethon".

Aug 7, 05 11:35 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

lol

yeah and that is in my room...

that made me laugh hard enough to pull stitches!

Aug 7, 05 11:36 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Holy shit, Peter Jennings died. How awful.

Aug 8, 05 12:07 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
http://www.marvelvc.com.br/Hero/

come one, come all create your own archinect superhero!

and yeah jennings died, smoking kills quite now.

Aug 8, 05 12:12 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Oh jeez WonderK what parallel universe are you and I occupying tonight? I stepped outside to let the dog out, looked up at the sky and thought about turning on the news, then thought "No, I'll just hear some big sad thing has happened and get depressed before bed". Freaky.

Aug 8, 05 12:14 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
http://www.sueandpaul.com/gmapPedometer/
Aug 8, 05 12:18 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

lb, I had a dream about a dog the other night. Ha ha, no but really I did, I don't have a dog but I think I dreamt about the one I'm supposed to get. He was a black lab/border collie mix and he was quite smart. Later I dreamt about cows in the airport.

No, but sorry, didn't mean to make you sad. That is sad though. He was an honorable fellow, very classy guy.

I'm going to go see about this superhero business now.

Aug 8, 05 12:20 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

when i see this -

all i can think about is the man below when cases of jack spilled to the ground -

Aug 8, 05 12:30 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

I can't believe I just spent that much time on this thing. Pretty sweet though.

They had too many guns as "weapon" options. If they had a cordless drill and a t-square I would have been all over them.

Aug 8, 05 12:55 am  · 
 · 
sharpie.

beta, where do u get all these cool websites from? i`m just curious. i`ve seen, u post a lot of these. i`ve saved the ones which i liked in my system. pretty cool man.

Aug 8, 05 1:04 am  · 
 · 
dia

Speaking of which - how many websites do you have saved in your favourites? I have many [45] favourites folders - here are some excerpts:

Architecture = 168 sites
Design [Everything thats not architecture] = 58 sites
Music = 48 sites

Aug 8, 05 1:14 am  · 
 · 
architecturegeek

My bookmarks are in my brain.

/old school, yo

Aug 8, 05 1:19 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

WonderK that is awesome!!

Totally you, kicking bad-design ass. What's that flashy ring do, blind clients to value engineering options?

Aug 8, 05 1:21 am  · 
 · 
sharpie.

not so many,but i`ve got a pretty decent arch. collection of ebooks, videos, some lectures (most are from architecture radio). arch websites which i would forget, i`ve got around 10 maybe. but the remaining usual ones i store it in my head.
and about other websites- design, art, etc around 20.

i once started a thread if people can tell me where to download archi stuff from. nobody responded.

Aug 8, 05 2:04 am  · 
 · 
sharpie.

looks like wonderk got her avatar ready.

Aug 8, 05 2:06 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

I picked "bouyant".

Aug 8, 05 2:40 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

Oh, wait. I got the rules wrong. I thought I was supposed to pick a random word, too.

I like my image, though.

Aug 8, 05 2:43 am  · 
 · 
heterarch

no pir for too little clothes?! what kind of world is this? i thought bobby b had instituted a clothing optional clause for lady guests of the show...
i tried the superhero thing but the site's temp down. i'm not sure if i want to know what my superhero would really look like. :)
beta, your pic made me cry.
my pic:
[img480]http://www.alonzo.org/images/rules%20b.jpg[/img]

Aug 8, 05 12:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: