Archinect
anchor

Poured resin floors in the home?

mirageman

I am on the ground floor of a converted telephone exchange in London and want to rip out the existing laminate floor and pour me some resin. I was thinking it would ge great if all the electrical points could be sunk in, and underfloor heating laid. I am after either a high gloss finish, or a softer rubberized finish in white/off white. However I've found no providers of such floors to domestic clients. Does anyone know any in the UK, or have advice about what types to go for, or further points. There's virtually nothing out there on the web!

Many thanks!

Aug 4, 05 4:47 pm
caffeine junkie

all I can think is serious off gassing...bad idea...but kind of a cool concept...
also keep in mind there is a reason that they dont let you walk on basket ball courts...dirt and smooth surfaces are bad news together if you want the to stay looking nice...
perhaps think about using a precast resin sheet like 3 form, it would be expensive but so is resin

Aug 4, 05 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Yeah and what if you have a short circuit? How are you going to replace a "section" of resin.

Aug 4, 05 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
edmund.l.liang

anyone ever use "bioshield" products? pretty expensive shit.

Aug 4, 05 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

we just use a custom resin company here in NY - mostly for shower seats, sinks, bathtubs... ect

Aug 5, 05 9:16 am  · 
 · 
absley
www.absolutefloors.co.uk

020 7439 0203

these guys do domestic projects - i'm looking at them at the moment for a project at my place

Aug 11, 05 10:02 am  · 
 · 
ice9

i've actually been through this process on a residence...turns out we couldn't find any new poured resin floors that satisfied the requirements. instead, we went old-school and used a poured polyeurothane floor. not sure about the uk- but we covered a 2000 square foot area with a robinson floors pulastic polyeurothane...its really quite nice. its typically a gym floor, so there is a final coat that has a dimpled texture for slip prevention, but we omitted that and the surface is a nice high-gloss. and if it rips or tears, patches are simple.

one thing: don't plan on being in the place for about week. the process uses some pretty toxic activators...

Aug 11, 05 11:10 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: