Archinect
anchor

Milwaukee to Los Angeles + Everything Inbetween

So in about two weeks I'm saying good-bye to the midwest for awhile... moving along to LA for school. I'm making my first stop in Iowa City to visit a friend and the only other planned stop is in Denver, where a few of my friends recently moved. Is there anything to see in Nebraska at all? I'm also thinking about doing some hiking in Moab, Utah... anyone every been out there? And another obvious choice would be Vegas. I'm hoping to meet up with someone there. Anything else worth my while? I'm in no rush.

Aug 4, 05 4:44 pm
Manteno_Montenegro

The one thing you'll love the most about Nebraska is crossing the border on the other side.

Someone told me that once.

Aug 4, 05 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
MMatt

I just finished the drive from Chicago to LA all of... 2 days ago. I can't say that we took the time to stop soak in the sites, but my recommendations are this: spend a day in Denver and a day in Boulder. I love those towns. Stop at the rest area in Vail, because the woman who works in the shop is really sweet and they give you free coffee. Nebraska? Has nothing of interest. Atleast not that I found. Vegas is a trash-pile of lights and drunken yuppies, which is fun for just about 8 minutes (which is as long as I spent there). I suppose I'd go back to see a show (Zoomanity?), but not just to "hang." Perhaps you are different. There's a fantastic gorge in during the 30 milesor so that you will be in Arizona (assuming you take the same Iowa City -> Denver -> Vegas -> LA route we took), I would've loved to have spent more time there. Also, the desert was looking suprisingly inviting, although I'm not an avid hiker.

Some guy at the grocery store asked where we were from, then asked us why in the world we would move from Chicago to LA. Couldn't really answer.........

.mm

Aug 5, 05 1:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: