Archinect
anchor

Anarchy in the UK

drs

Since those folk stateside seem so eager to meet up, who's about in the UK?
Maybe it'd be cool to meet up; maybe not. All the same, I'm just curious as to who's from Blighty here...

Aug 4, 05 2:18 pm
drs

*bump*

Aug 5, 05 3:07 am  · 
 · 
siggers

Glasgow?

Aug 5, 05 3:09 am  · 
 · 
drs

Indeed! What's your connection with Glasgow? I know that you studied up there - was that Part I? Have you always lived in Scotland? What will you do now?

Aug 5, 05 3:19 am  · 
 · 
P.B.

I'm up for few drinks in the pub....be quite fun...so where and when?

Aug 5, 05 8:20 am  · 
 · 
P.B.

I'm located in London...

Aug 5, 05 8:21 am  · 
 · 
drs

Might be a while before I can hit London again, unfortunately. I'm ooop North until term starts again. Maybe let us know if you hear of any decent exhibitions to check out.

Aug 5, 05 10:11 am  · 
 · 
BOTS

Wales?

Aug 5, 05 11:01 am  · 
 · 
drs

What about it? :D

Aug 5, 05 11:03 am  · 
 · 
spiderdad

from london....

i say lets go with BOTS.... i say, meet at the top of snowdonia...

Aug 5, 05 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
drs

I'm down with that! Or, er, up...

Aug 5, 05 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

Nah, its not worth going until they after they construct the new summit pavillion. The existing concrete bunker does not make for an inspiring destination. The views are good though.

Liverpool would be a central(ish) location, plenty to see and do. Although I'd go for Glasgow - great city.

Aug 5, 05 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
siggers

Heys drs, I studied (and may well do my masters year) in Glasgow, and now I'm working there on (another) year out!

I think it's quite far away from Liverpool ;)

But as BOTS says, Glasgow is a great city, in fact I nearly fall over sometimes when I once again realise how great it is :p

Although I do feel like a change, I wonder where next in Britain could be an option to study/work in...any recommendations chaps?

Aug 7, 05 7:39 am  · 
 · 
drs

Cool cool. Well, if anybody's over in Liverpool give me a shout. I appreciate it's probably not where the majority of folk are, though, which is why I didn't suggest it initally. Glasgow's indeed a cool place, and I'll be up there some time between the 7th and 10th of September if anybody wants to hook. We've already been given a small exercise for next semester - survey a radio station and find out how it works - so I'm going to pay some friends a visit at Radio Magnetic.

As for additional places to live, work and study, I'd be interested to hear how folk get on around the UK. In Liverpool we're going through something of a boom in development, though how long that will last is hard to tell. I'm finding our school mighty rewarding, and the employment is a great experience too. There's a fairly tight but welcoming network of architects - plenty of familiar faces at any lectures or openings. I don't know which recent buildings I'd recommend, and there were some shockers in the seventies and eighties, but it has a rich history being a major port, and works well as a backdrop to learning.

Edinburgh won my heart too. Not for it's tourist saturated streets, as such, but the workshops and general atmosphere at the university gave me a real buzz. Big up to Russell at Analogue Books.

Aug 7, 05 4:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: