Archinect
anchor

x-country driving music

melivt

ok, so i am driving to the west coast from va beach in 2 weeks, and am looking for music that i can listen to with my girlfriend. i am really into downtempo, and she's into country. being that i probably don't have time to mix the two togethor and make a wicked down-country tape, i am looking for relevant suggestions.
something that sounds good over n over n over, cos it's a long feckin drive. kinda along the lines of

death cab
flaming lips
nick drake
interpol

otherwise, we'll be yoyo-ing as a fall asleep to alan jackson and go hyper on autechre.

Aug 3, 05 7:34 pm
FRO

have you checked here?

Aug 3, 05 8:32 pm  · 
 · 
joek

you and your girl sound like a pair of ryan adams fans you just don't know it yet.

Aug 3, 05 9:26 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

buy cold roses and strangers almanac also get a man under the influence by alejandro escovedo

Aug 4, 05 12:05 am  · 
 · 
lilbuddy

Springsteen
Arab Strap
Ellilott Smith
John Lennon
Lou Reed
Magnetic Fields
Dolly
Oh, and the Loretta Lynn/White Stripes album

Aug 4, 05 8:14 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

right on lilbuddy. nebraska is essential listening

Aug 4, 05 11:20 pm  · 
 · 
rorei

For something completely different-http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005UPF7/qid=1123265577/sr=2-2/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_2/104-2755393-5295913
I never tire of listening to this maybe because some of the language is so alien it feels fresh each time. I know it isn't what you describe as your style, but I never would have thought of it as my style either. I don't normally listen to "world music". The other thing I can recommend is the Aertha Franklin virgin years box set.

Aug 5, 05 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
rorei

Well I didn't name the band I linked to
Orchestra Baobab, specifically their double CD Pirates Choice
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005UPF7/qid=1123265577/sr=2-2/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_2/104-2755393-5295913

Aug 5, 05 2:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: