Archinect
anchor

advanced architecture contest

pasha

anyone doint it?

www.advancedarchitecturecontest.org

Aug 3, 05 10:46 am
MysteryMan

I like the concept of this competition. If I could squeeze some time, I might try it.

Aug 3, 05 11:06 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Ya - very theoretical. Any site, anywhere, anything goes. I think this one will be very popular. Some entries will be technical diatribes on eco-active building systems others pure fantastical. But I like the fact they offer the masters degree - they must be looking for practical application? Agree anyone?

Aug 3, 05 11:20 am  · 
 · 
pasha

anyone on a team?

i am doing composite membranes for a skin..
i guess i am getting into fantastical realm..

anyone knows of photovoltaic fabrics?

Aug 3, 05 11:32 am  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

Yes. Thanks for the idea!

Aug 3, 05 11:46 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Pasha - I'd put that under technical diatribes - cool idea - let me clarify fantastical as those ideas like giant dish that blocks out the sun, that obsured. Yours Pash is something tangible. Like the idea.

Im doing micro climates along the exterior and the dampening of the urban heat island - think science fair.

Aug 3, 05 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i'm designing a brothel on the moon for all those pioneeringmen who will be up there mining moon dust for the helium 3 isotope that has been deposited on the lunar surface by solar winds.

i thank the archinect threads for providing the inspiration, especially johndevlin and jk664. thank you very much.

Aug 3, 05 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

thats deep dude

Aug 3, 05 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
pasha

evilplatysus: thanks.. are you thinking of using fast growing vegetation to control microclimate?

Aug 3, 05 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
notone-co

I agree that this competition will be very popular. With no entry fee, a digital submission, and open project, its hard not to try to throw something together.

Aug 3, 05 1:04 pm  · 
 · 

anyone working in biomimicry?

I think this a great contest, form technical solutions to consumerist/political commentaries...

Aug 3, 05 1:17 pm  · 
 · 

If someone has experience with bioimimicry contact me, maybe we could....

Aug 3, 05 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
kix

... biomimic? And spoon after.

Aug 3, 05 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
jpalmer

now i'm going to do it...sounds like fun.

speaking of fabrics-
go to to cooper hewit and check out some of the fabric there right now...cool stuff

Aug 3, 05 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

Do they have any Grey Terry Cloths?

Aug 3, 05 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
johndevlin

puddles: I take it you are being sarcastic/ironic

Aug 3, 05 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

its all about shade. Except in the winter of course.

Aug 3, 05 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

johndevlin,

maybe slightly sarcastic, but my gratitude is sincere. i never would have thought of the aforementioned idea if it hadn't been for your interesting insights into the three dimensionality of sex in a menage a trois relationship or the tetrahedral possibilities of a four-way. combine this with the thread started by jk664 regarding the possibility of the moon as the next big real estate play and some of the postings on there and, voila, you have my moon brothel idea.

i guess it's just a question of weather or not i actually manage to enter the competition. those tend to be low on my priority list despite my best intentions. but should i field an entry and recieve any award for it, you can rest assured that i wasn't being the least bit sarcastic.

Aug 4, 05 12:16 am  · 
 · 
johndevlin

puddles: thanks for that. Still feeling a bit sensitive and vulnerable after my stern admonishmnent for that thread. It was deleted, as you know, and so almost was I...

Aug 4, 05 2:23 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Seriously, anyone actually doing it?

Aug 15, 05 10:05 am  · 
 · 
kix

I'm going to but I'll be riding the deadline pretty tight.

Aug 15, 05 11:18 am  · 
 · 
pasha

have an idea.. put it down and it doesn't look as good as i imagined..

hate when that happends..

Aug 15, 05 11:24 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: