Archinect
anchor

Surgery and the Architect

b3tadine[sutures]

Tomorrow morning going in for surgery, not routine but hey we got to what we got to do. So I wanted to post here one more time in case I meet my maker - John Hejduk - and don't make it back here again.

Thanks to all the playa's, the haters, the lurkers, the silent types, the charitable, the funny, the odd, and the rest of the cool crowd that have made this little website the bastion for all architectural interest on this little blue marble.

Now I expect to make a full recovery and be a better person for it, it's just with escalating health care and the inevitable short cuts and the drunken anesthetist, who the fuck knows any more?! So this is a blatant post for sympathetic comments, but if you feel like something else then by all means have at it. Just remember, if I do take the dirt nap and you rip on me I will haunt you and every building you design, that goes double for Per Corell.

Peace out peeps and thanks again, it's been fun.

Ken

Aug 1, 05 10:04 pm
vado retro

hey man be strong. i have had two surgeries one of which was pretty serious bidness. its a pain at first but the morphine drip and the cards and flowers helped. just take your time healing up and you'll be good to go. god speed.

Aug 1, 05 10:10 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Mate,

I Hope everything goes well for you.
I'll think positive for you - but I'm sure you will be in excellent hands.
You'll be back, dont worry. Just hope for a very nice nurse to take care of you, and provide an opportunity to add to the menage a trois thread.

d.

Aug 1, 05 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i always had male nurses. wtf???

Aug 1, 05 10:13 pm  · 
 · 
e

much love beta. we'll hear from you real soon.

Aug 1, 05 10:14 pm  · 
 · 
architecturegeek

My only comment is that catheters are not cool. Even when your doing your thesis.

Aug 1, 05 10:21 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i kinda got used to my catheter

Aug 1, 05 10:22 pm  · 
 · 

get welL!

Aug 1, 05 10:39 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

acres of get well soon flowers from your friends.

Aug 1, 05 10:42 pm  · 
 · 
architecturegeek

So did I...but it was still weird designing my thesis and having a bag of my own bodily fluids attached to my thigh. And the bookends of pain at the beginning and end of the process kinda suck as well.

anyway don't die betadine... :D

Aug 1, 05 10:57 pm  · 
 · 

good luck! I've gone under twice as well, and hopefully you will soon be blissed out on painkillers as I was. Mmmmm..... codiene.

Aug 1, 05 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

Good luck and get well soon

Aug 2, 05 8:54 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

we'll miss you. get well soon.

Aug 2, 05 10:01 am  · 
 · 
spiderdad
Aug 2, 05 10:05 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

best of thoughts beta.

Aug 2, 05 11:28 am  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

we're all waiting for your return when you'll be bed ridden and have nothing better to do than to post here :) get well soon!

Aug 2, 05 2:17 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

thanks to all. i am home with meds and on the road to recovery. thanks for the good word. now what did i miss?

Aug 5, 05 7:45 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

welcome back. you got home just in time for daytime t.v. medicate heavily.

Aug 5, 05 7:51 am  · 
 · 
ether

glad to hear everything went well, beta.

Aug 5, 05 10:39 am  · 
 · 
drs

Good to hear you're still rocking it. As for what you've missed... Archinect's getting raunchy, and some folk can't handle it. That's about the size of things!

Aug 5, 05 11:39 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: