Archinect
anchor

Photo Matching For real

lletdownl

Sorry about that everyone...

anyway... im working for a really small firm, im still in school, so im still just trying to learn whats goin on...

anyway, this firm has dumped on me all of thier rendering animation and web stuff...

anyway, they are really happy with the work i am doing so far which is great but i want to do better, i have an opportunity to work in an office on some photo real renderings.

i have done a few for studio classes but have not become proficient by any means...

what are some tips, tricks or secerets you all have learned for making renderings super realistic? making photomatches perfect? radiosity (especially for outdoor settings)?

thanks everyone

Aug 1, 05 4:12 pm
DEVicox

model cleanly. only use built in radisioty meshing parameters. do not subdivide any object yourself (for the sake of your computer). use regather instead of Refine iterations for stills. refine iterations is mainly for animations.

Lighting is simple. You can make it complicated by using HDRI images to exactly match the light of a location. You need to buy a mirror ball and document the site with it. Plenty of tutorials on the net. start here.
http://www.cgtechniques.com/tutorials.php

Aug 2, 05 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
Sean!

i've been pretty successful using the standard photometric lights that come with max. just spend a couple of days messing with the different radiosoty solutions. the tutorial (max6) was pretty helpful getting me started

I’ve started to play around with plug-in's (brazil) but its very hard to learn and i don’t know anybody who could teach me which is the easiest way. but maybe you will have more luck

Aug 3, 05 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
jpalmer

get good with mapping and creating your own textures. lighting is integral to a "photoreal" image, but mapping can cover your butt a lot easier than tweaking lighting for hours. become a photoshop wiz.

Aug 3, 05 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Use mental ray with final gather enabled. Study photographs for lighting qualities / intensities. Google tutorials and do lots of tests.

I am not a fan of Brazil - but Final Render stage 1 is pretty nice.

I usually model everything as accuratly as possible. Reveals and profiles create realistic shadowlines and make sure you use some good textures. Total Textures vol.6, 12 and 13 are worth the buy / download.

Also i'd stay away from radiosity. Stick with mental ray and GI. Radiosity takes too g'dammed long.

Aug 3, 05 2:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: