Archinect
anchor

M.Arch Dissertation Proposal- Opinions?

le-vine

Hi, I'm just getting started on my final year Masters dissertation and would like to get some thoughts on the topic. Not only do I have an interest in architecture but also in politics.

My idea was to investigate the relationship of how an unstable government impacts upon the local architecture, but quickly realised that this topic may be too broad. Therefore I'm now thinking along the lines of how architecture can act as 'statements' and portray a political partys' ideology, or perhaps are even involved with disputes the government may have. I have a new working title of ‘Architecture and its potential influence for reimagining the conditions of divisive political issues.’ 

I know architecture and politics are often intertwined so I'm aiming to focus on how the architecture affects politics, rather than how politics affect architecture. Also after discussions with my tutor I will primarily concentrate my writing on the communist areas of South East Asia as I spent the summer out in China, Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam conducting research.

I apologise if this all might be a little vague as I’m only just starting to read through all the information I have. I’m not trying to create any controversy but any feedback you have to offer will be greatly appreciated.

Oct 2, 11 10:00 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: