Archinect
anchor

the futuro is plastico

Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

more pictures

nytimes article

There's a few in NZ apparently, including an empty one in Thames, next to the railway station, which I have pictures of somewhere. Anyone else seen one?

Jul 28, 05 6:23 am
MysteryMan

Way Kool. Sorry to be a parasite & expound on your idea.

Jul 28, 05 10:27 am  · 
 · 
Louisville Architect

i want that.

Jul 28, 05 11:01 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

Humble opinion: this is better than any of buckminster-fuller's prefabs.

I love that the swedish military bought some to use as radar outposts, too.

Jul 28, 05 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
dia

not a futuro house, but this reminds me of a film I saw by Tacita Dean, called the http://www.tate.org.uk/britain/exhibitions/tacitadean/bubble.htmBubble House a few years ago.

Are you intererested in this as a product, or a typology?

Jul 29, 05 1:12 am  · 
 · 
dia
woops
Jul 29, 05 1:13 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

Mostly as a formal thing, and cause they're cheerful, I guess.
They just kind of sit there, all shiny and plasticky up on their stilts.
I like their proportions. They're like a kidney or a spleen or something.
And capsule living appeals to me. I like the way everything is all packed in there. I can just imagine hanging out in one for a summer, lounging around and looking through the elliptical windows.

And I guess because plastic blobs are cool.

Jul 29, 05 1:45 am  · 
 · 
word!

there's one of those in covington ky, its been there for ages... think since the 80's... looks like a silver spaceship.

Jul 29, 05 10:20 am  · 
 · 
futuro

There is a cool website at http://www.futurohouse.com

Jul 29, 05 7:44 pm  · 
 · 

Greetings All,

My name is Rich and I am the one featured in the NYTimes article. I would like to thank agfa8x for posting the link and having a discussion on the Futuro

If anyone has any information to share PLEASE contact me, and of course I will try to answer any questions anyone might have.

Since the NYTimes article came out I have been lucky, and people have told me about 5 MORE!! 3 in Australia and at least 2 more in the USA. I will be updating my website soon.

For those that submit a photo of ones not listed, you will receive a really cool tee shirt I designed, to say thank you.

Because of the article in the paper, in the next couple of weeks I am going to be on national TV! On Inside Edition WOW. They will be taping this coming Tuesday. I hope I don't screw up.

Thanks again, and keep those cards and letters coming.

Futuro-House.net

The NETwork for owners and fans of the Futuro...............more to come.

Aug 4, 05 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

I have pictures of an empty one in Thames, NZ... does that count? I can email them to you if you want.

Aug 5, 05 1:25 am  · 
 · 
pasha

now that's what i call cookiecutter..

Aug 5, 05 8:13 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: