Archinect
anchor

eames websites

mdler

I just picked up an Eames LCM with cow hide and am trying to find out if in it authentic, or an 'aftermarket modification'. Does anyone know of any good websites that could help me in authenitcating my piece.

Thanks

Jul 27, 05 4:27 pm
el jeffe

did you try herman miller?

Jul 27, 05 4:48 pm  · 
 · 

I'm blanking on what "LCM" stands for right now, but if applicable, try to see if there are any markings on the frame. Many/most manufacturers put some sort of a stamp on the frames of these things, usually high up on the inside face of a leg or somewhere else less than obvious. If you can find out who manufactured it, then you can often find out when that manufacturer ran off that particular piece.

Jul 27, 05 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

the chair is made by herman miller and they do have markings...need to determine what the markings stand for

Jul 27, 05 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
plastic

it may not be 'aftermarket' as you put it.
see what wright auction house in chicago has to say

Jul 27, 05 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I know...one sold for $35,000 in 1999. I am hoping mine is an origonal

Jul 27, 05 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
drs

Hey, did you find out any more information? I've just found a tiny tiny picture of the cowhide finish on p27 of 'A Legacy of Invention'. Hope yours is f'real!

Aug 9, 05 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

just had it looked at by an eames expert in LA: not an original.

Aug 9, 05 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
drs

Aw damn... Never mind. Still works as a chair though, right? :D I know, I know, it's not the same.
Hope you didn't shell out too much for it initially.

Aug 9, 05 5:54 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: