Archinect
anchor

My Personal Confession - [well sorta]

b3tadine[sutures]

A few years ago I posted on the old version, and well my comments and mouth, were writing checks my ass couldn't back up. I was a bit of a pain and I often responded to what I felt were the dumbest questions in an equally dumb way. I still can't imagine though that some people would come here looking for ideas, or help with design projects, without first struggling with it themselves - I never considered seeking out that kind of assistance ever, only peer reviews of what I was producing, or writing - so those things seemed to irk me to no end. Well, someone on this site - a lurker, or your name, or someone else - saw fit to either get a fake account or a temporary account and email all of my posts to my employer, and even had the gall to point out when I was posting, as if no one else here ever posted during work. This nearly cost me my job and certainly cost me a substantial raise. Was it my fault? Yes, I was being a dick, I have no one to blame but me for my comments, but what I never expected was someone to go out of their way to sabotage me and my career. I even consulted an attorney to find out what recourse I had, and although there were ways for me t seek relief, I never went ahead with any real plans to set the legal wheels turning. Let's just say it nearly devasted me in my career and personal life.

So why now? I am moving to another firm, and I just wanted to let that person know they did not succeed, I did survive, I did earn my firm's trust back, I did turn around my career and my personal life has rebounded as well.

So here's to you fucker, thanks for refocusing my energies, and forcing me to get my shit together.

You fucking coward.

Jul 24, 05 4:54 pm
driftwood

Damn.

Jul 24, 05 7:13 pm  · 
 · 

are you and Suture different people?

Jul 25, 05 12:04 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

most definitely not one and the same.

Jul 25, 05 12:29 am  · 
 · 
dia

betadine prevails. And damn the evildoer.

Jul 25, 05 12:31 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

That's appalling. Disgusting. Cowardly is the right word.

If you don't like what you read on this site, then leave. I've abandoned a few threads because I thought I was being childishly attacked for my opinions, and I figure I have a lot of more important things to do than let the comments of anonymous people get me down.

betadinesutures, good luck with the new path, sounds like things are going well despite it all.

Jul 25, 05 10:16 am  · 
 · 
Tectonic

betadinesutures,

I remember Archinect going thru a real nasty face in which people did not have to log in and when they posted half the time it was some sort of belligerente crap. In any case, I do remember a post in which you, and I believe it was "your name", were going at each other. Whre is "your name" anyhow? I also remember you lashing out and saying how somene had done this to you. All I've gotz to say is that, this is exactly the kind of reason that keeps me anonymous. Good luck.

Jul 25, 05 10:51 am  · 
 · 
A

Good job. Best of luck to you.

My question is how did this person know who your employer was, let alone who your manager was? I've always been somewhat hesitant to reveal that type of personal data. I guess this just proves my hesitation hasn't been unwarranted.

It's sad that someone on archinect would drop to that level to malignantly hurt someone. Thankfully I think most of us here do have good intentions and find humor more often than anger.

Jul 25, 05 10:59 am  · 
 · 
norm

betadinesutures,
in short - that blows. it sounds like you have turned that chicken shit into chicken salad though - so good for you. i hope that archinect has eliminated the lowlife loser that was responsible from the site. can it happen again? i'm not familiar with the archinect safeguards but i imagine that - unfortunately - it's more than likely.

Jul 25, 05 11:03 am  · 
 · 

Although it is incredibly annoying when people post on your thread just to be a dick, it is unexcusable to do what 'your name' did. It falls into the same category as ripping out earrings or kicking in nuts. But I can see that it would be particularly annoying to your boss that you weren't just jerking off chatting about architecture, but just sniping people all day...

Jul 25, 05 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

yes how did the person know where you were working?????

i remember you having an argument with le bossman once....

this episode is enough to scare the hell out of many people - lets go back to the original archinect with no names and logins...at least we will be 'safer' that way from such assholes

Jul 25, 05 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
siggers

can someone briefly explain what actually happened? I'm intrigued...

Jul 25, 05 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

it was the original archinect, back a few years, and i stupidly, fucking stupidly, took a stance on anonymous posting and the your names for lacking any balls to be public about who they were. well myopic lil' ole me forgot, forgot i posted publically on another site and that information although not posted here, was tracked down and lead people to my firm. i think there are a few here that were there way back when. i pretty much had to beg to have some of the shit i wrote taken down, context and anonymity not being things the partners in their 60's understood in the least.

i think the new version is great. i think the topics are much better, and i think while the fancy graphics is boggling, it does remain a source of entertainment.

Jul 25, 05 10:08 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

wow betadinesutures, i feel real bad for you....some fuckers dig real old dirt, dont they....

did you know who did this to you??? maybe someone at your office who did not like your position???

who would imagine that such a harmless discussion forum could screw up things so bad for someone....

Jul 25, 05 10:13 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i considered that it might be someone in my firm, but no one there is savy enough to create a fake account. yeah all of this is way in the past, but i wanted to stick my turtle head out of my shell and say what i felt now that i can breathe again.

i think to a large degree i have learned my lesson.

for me this site is architecture, and it really is my only news and discussion outlet for architecture. nothing compares to it in its wealth of information. the gang have done a great job, and though they may not hear it enough, i am eternally grateful this site exists.

Jul 25, 05 10:41 pm  · 
 · 

arigato, beta...good to have you back.

Jul 26, 05 1:36 am  · 
 · 
stephanie

i like this thread,
it's like a public service announcement.

Jul 26, 05 10:28 am  · 
 · 

definitely. I don't know if anyone remembers that I spent my first month or two here under a different screen name, but after someone who lived near me creeped me out a little, I realized that my screen name made it far too easy to find me in my real life, and changed it. This just reaffirms for me that that was a good decision...

Jul 26, 05 11:39 am  · 
 · 
norm

exactly - my real name is clff claven.

Jul 26, 05 11:43 am  · 
 · 
Manteno_Montenegro

Glad to see a lesson was learned and that you came out OK.

In this world of the Internet, you have to be cautious at every turn when it comes to revealing personal data that reveals who you really are. And, sadly, that's not totally because it alone could hurt you, but because there are some real jerks out there in the world who thrive on hurting people.

Jul 26, 05 11:49 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: