Archinect
anchor

Market value for salary of a non-design role

blue22

I am trying to get an administrative job at an architectural/design firm in NYC (ie. administrative assistant, administrative architect). I have been doing research and have been unsuccessful at finding out this information so I figured the best way is to ask people who work in the industry.

I would like to know what the fair market value is for non-architectural/design jobs at a mid-sized firm, say 10-15 people, in Manhattan. Temp agencies list anywhere between 45-55K, but after looking at the salary poll for architects, is that possible?!?

Just to let you know, I am returning to school for interior design, not architecture. I am a college graduate from a top tier school, but that doesn't always mean much and have been out of school for a year now. I have a lot of design skills and programs that will come in handy for any of these jobs. I have interviews and would like to know about salary information so I know what to expect when it comes time for negotiations.

On a side note, one of the jobs I interviewed for seemed to offer much more in terms of responsibilities than administrative duties. I could have the potential of working on projects directly under the principal. That sounds great to me, so any ideas of salary ranges?

I have plenty of other questions to ask, but I will save it for later...I just want to know about the $ so I don't under or over-value myself.

Jul 23, 05 11:11 pm
blue22

seriously, no one has any ideas of how much their co-workers in the administrative departments make? ballpark figure? Salary.com isn't helpful in this case.

i must be shooting in the dark here...

Jul 24, 05 2:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: