Archinect
anchor

Hotel- Hospital

samy

I would like to know what everybody think about designing a hospital where patient's loved ones can stay with them at all times. The hospital would look more like a hotel with all the medical facilities. Guests would be there with the patient and be their primary take giver. I was thinking to find location on the Hot Spring in a very peaceful surrounding. Even if every body think that is a really bad idea at least give me some hints where I can get such location with the building already on the side.

Jul 23, 05 12:41 pm
BluLiteSpcl6321

Hospitals are a tough design situation where space is a premium. The culture in America focuses on the patient receiving care directly form a doctor in the most efficient manner. There really aren't any great examples to look at in this country for this reason, because the key to hospital design is really all in interiors.

You will see a large shift in this trend once the new 2 million sq. ft. hospital in Qatar is completed, in which patient rooms are designed with visitors in mind. The culture in the middle east is much different than our's in which once someone is in the hospital, all of the patient's family members show up and stay for the majority of the time. Rooms are designed to accomodate a large presence of family at all times while allowing the staff to efficiently take care of the patient.

Don't expect this much though, only a hospital with a large budget can really even think about "wasting" space for such a purpose.

Jul 24, 05 2:41 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: