Archinect
anchor

themed theaters or not?

aries83

What do you think is more popular and/or interesting: themed movie theaters like ones that only show foreign films or cult classics or even all Hitchcock! ....or movie theaters that have the latest Hollywood releases that serve food and drink?

Jul 22, 05 3:12 pm

would like to refuse to pick, if it were possible. we have one theater here that, for about five years, was owned by a small group of partners and played first run movies, limited run (artsy, period, oddball, whatever) movies, occasional old movies, and had a program of midnight cult movies.

now, due to pressures from the cinemafia, has been sold to a small chain (still not a showcase cinemas, f'rinstance) and has been pressured into the normal fare. apparently the big chains can affect what movies the smaller ones can get, using this power to push smaller houses into a niche convenient for the larger ones.

ain't that america.

Jul 22, 05 3:23 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

didn't somebody just ask this a couple days ago?

Jul 22, 05 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

you're thinking of the 'dinner and a movie' thread.
this question is so much more sublime.
$5 from each of you into my paypal account or i'm creating a topic titled "What's your favorite color!?"

personally, i'd love to watch "The 3D-H Story" in IMAX with a platter of smoked herring on my lap.

Jul 22, 05 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
Louisville Architect

Ooo! Ooo! It could be done as a period piece, Merchant/Ivory style, with lots of scenes of wooden boats and retro PC's.

Jul 22, 05 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

starring kenneth branagh as Per Corell...now this has the making of a great thread!

Jul 22, 05 4:15 pm  · 
 · 
Louisville Architect

but wait...who's the leading lady? per's never given us anything to go on here. how can we make our pitch without a leading lady?

let's find a part for:
connie nielsen. i liked here in gladiator. what d'ya think? per's mom, sis, wife, mistress, daughter?

per, give us a short bio, will ya?

all the sets can be filled with furniture by arne jacobsen. it'll be beautiful.

Jul 22, 05 4:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: