Archinect
anchor

Tips need for working w/ Corian or LG Hi-Macs.

Tectonic

Can anyone please help me with advice in regards to working with Corian and/or LG Hi-Macs? I'm interested in cutting methods and joining methods. Also, and this would be a plus, if there is anyone in LA that can tell me about a place that can fabricate and/or thermoform to my specs. Thank you.

Jul 22, 05 11:38 am
Ddot

I guess it depends what you're looking to do with it, but all corian fabricators are to be trained by dupont.

you cut and machine corian with wood working tools. joining is with their special recipe of chemicals. Nothing serious. I've worked with it in the past.

Jul 22, 05 11:48 am  · 
 · 
Tectonic

You also have to be a trained fabricator for LG Hi-Macs, it so a happens I can buy the stuff. Anyhow, so I just need wood cuting tools. What about beveling, same deal?

Jul 22, 05 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
Ddot

yup.

we cut sheets on table saw. router for any profiled edges. good luck.

Jul 22, 05 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

Thanks Ddot that all I need to know.......I'm going to town on that shit. C-ya........ohohoh wait a minute, what about thermoforming, any idea of thermoformers in the LA area?

Jul 22, 05 1:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: