Archinect
anchor

London

lletdownl

London seems to be in chaos, every day i read the BBC there is news from the july 7th blast, or the blasts the other day, and today, a man shot dead in a train station possibly carrying a bomb... why is it that london is being so threatened, and the US has been relatively quiet? just want to see what other people think about this...

Jul 22, 05 11:02 am
WonderK

You know there was a similar sense of chaos and fright in NYC for weeks after 9/11, but for different reasons. Several of the buildings around ground zero were unstable and likely to come down, (eventually did), there was anthrax sent that killed several people, and then two months later, although it wasn't terrorism, a jet crashed into a Queens neighborhood and killed people in a neighborhood as well. That time period is responsible for my short attention span as I grew accustomed to checking or listening to the news all day to hear what was going on and what I need to watch for (lived in NYC then).

That being said, I am all for random bag checks in NYC subway. Something needs to be done as London's surveillance system is 10x more sophisticated than New York's.

Jul 22, 05 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
Nicoli

I would say that it may be easier for the wrong kind of people to get into the UK via other EU countires but the july 7th terrorists were all londoners....

Jul 22, 05 1:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: