Archinect
anchor

Technical Rhino question regarding capping an open polysurface..

nappy

Need your help guys!

Ok so I made a rather complex open polysurface (with open opening) that I cannot cap. All points of the opening are planar (just a simple circle).

anyway, I joined all the curvy surfaces up and they formed an open polysurface. I am supposed to be able to cap it (Cause i am following a tutorial) but am unable to.

Anyone know of potential problems? I can even send u the file if yall want..

Jul 22, 05 7:10 am
Andrew Kudless

That sounds strange. Send me the file:
andrew at materialsystems.org

*note: when emailing rhino files it is always good to do a "save as" and choose the "save small" option. This doesn't save the render mesh but it will be recreated if I switch to a rendered view. You're model is probably small to start but it is a good habit to aquire.

Jul 22, 05 9:21 am  · 
 · 
Andrew Kudless

By the way, a much better place to ask this question is on the Rhino newsgroup. There are thousands of users on it and questions usually get answered quickly. The web version doesn't work so well but if you go through outlook or thunderbird that it is a lot more managable.

rhino newsgroup

Jul 22, 05 9:24 am  · 
 · 
job job

two things:

1. the opening is not closed: use CrvEnd to locate the gap in the curve.

2. the opening is not planar: F10, select the points of the curve, Setpt (align to cplanes, set to z)

Jul 22, 05 9:41 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: