Archinect
anchor

Environmental Graphic Design

peanutbutter

Environmental Graphic Design
http://www.segd.org

Hi! I'm a Graphic Design student who is interested in a career in Environmental Graphic Design (EGD). I was wondering if anyone has any advice, comments, insight, etc. on the field of EGD and/or what I could do to be more involved in EGD even without formal training or experience.
I realize I will need more education in the field to truly become an Environmental Graphic Designer, but in the meantime, I am considering contacting Architecture firms to see if they might need an (office?) intern so that I can gain more experience in the industry.
Any response is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Jul 21, 05 12:58 pm
e

you might also look into ppl doing that type of work >>

Ruedi Baur & Associates
Hiromura Masaaki

Jul 21, 05 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
peanutbutter

I met with a couple of designers earlier this year at an EGD firm in Pasadena, CA,
but I have never read any books on the subject before. Thanks for the tip!

Jul 21, 05 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
pencrush

I have that Masaaki book, it's a good book to show the incorporation of graphic design and architecture.

I think EGD takes on a lot of different forms in different places. If you want some interaction with the two fields, I would suggest trying to get an intership at a larger firm where they are more likely to have an in house designer or department for the integration of the two fields. They are two different fields though, so you might look for design firms that focus on that kind of work. If you haven't checked out some industrial design firms in your area, that might be a place to look. They often/sometimes have departments dedicated to the field.

Jul 21, 05 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
peanutbutter

Thanks! I appreciate your response.

Jul 23, 05 4:06 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: