Archinect
anchor

re: Mac OS X v.10.4 Tiger

johndevlin

I'm thinking of buying it. Does it live up to the hype? Any problems I should know about?

Jul 21, 05 7:42 am
JohnProlly

Buy it - it's well worth it.

Plus CS2 runs muuuuch better on it.

Jul 21, 05 9:15 am  · 
 · 
jpalmer

i like it a lot, plus i split a family pak with four other friends of mine so it wasn't that expensive.

Jul 21, 05 9:59 am  · 
 · 
JG

If you are not sure download this shareware program called Konfabulator which sort of came up with the idea of widgets. You can test it out to see how it works before upgrading to Tiger. And yes CS2 is very stable on Tiger.

Jul 21, 05 11:26 am  · 
 · 
bigness

is making a lot of my friends machines slower tho, i would only buy it if i had a g5. my pb sticks to panther

Jul 21, 05 11:35 am  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Hmm well if you have more than 256 ram this shouldnt matter also make sure your HD isnt bogged down. No ram and no scratch disks are usually the culprit for OS lagtime.

Buy it - or better yet - get like 6 friends to chip in on it

Jul 21, 05 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
thenewold

Or better yet, have one of your awesome friends give it to you.

Jul 21, 05 7:47 pm  · 
 · 

or snag it on limewire...

(uhh, I didn't say that)

Jul 21, 05 8:04 pm  · 
 · 

no, but I have a G4 powerbook and it works great

Jul 21, 05 8:05 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

YEAH SNAG A 4 GB FILE ON LIMEWIRE.

Jul 22, 05 9:10 am  · 
 · 

Yeah, find a torrent file to download it through if you're going to go that path...

Jul 22, 05 10:12 am  · 
 · 
caffeine junkie

The cs thing is interesting...cs crashes often on my Mac and the hacked version on my pc never crashes.

Jul 22, 05 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
BE

Just updated from 10.2.8 last night. Working really well and I thought it is a tad faster especially for my Safari (now version 2.0). Widget is fun and I have yet to get tired of it....It is worth it especially with the student's education discount. Feels like a new computer!

Jul 22, 05 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
inkwray

Tiger: It heats up your computer like crazy. i had to get the update to take care of it.
Maya isn't compatible with it. and yes it slows the computer down.

I'm changin OS systems sometimes this week.
If anybody knows how to fix the issues w\ Maya please let me know

Jul 23, 05 1:00 am  · 
 · 

I have Maya 6.5 Unlimited and its running fine under Tiger...

Jul 23, 05 1:18 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: