Archinect
anchor

Macromedia Flash MX Help

ichweiB

Alright. I am new at flash; however, I am picking up easily. I have run into a problem that seems very basic, but I cannot figure out what the deal is. I am creating a basic motion tween moving a solid lines across the page smoothly. I first made the line a symbol and moved it. I want to create a series of lines that will all move up and down the page. The first tween I got to work correctly. It has a solid line moving from one end of the frame to the end. When I go to make another line, I use the same steps, but when I go to make a motion tween, this time instead of a solid line, I get a dashed line in the layers frame menu which doesn't move it smoothly across the page like the first one. Anyone have any idea why I was able to do the first one correctly but not the second?

Thanks

Jul 21, 05 12:05 am
nicomachean

make sure each element is on its own layer. also make anything you want to animate a symbol first.

Jul 21, 05 12:34 am  · 
 · 
ichweiB

Yes, I have done that. I worked on it a little more after I made the post and it seems as though I ran into the problem because the line was not a symbol throughout the tween...for some reason it would have the property of a symbol at the end of the tween but not at the beginning so I had to make sure it was throughout and then it worked!

Jul 21, 05 1:01 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: