Archinect
anchor

Wacom Tablets: Intuos3 vs. Graphire3

Trying to make a purchase decision for a first tablet for grad school--don't want to buy the cheapie and find out I need the 1000 pen pressures and tilt sensitivity. Anyone have experience with both who can make a reco?

Jul 19, 05 9:17 am
pencrush

I have the Intuos 2, and I love it. If you haven't used one before, it may take you a day or so to get used to it, but lots of people pretty much stop using their mice after getting a tablet. I have no experience with the graphire, so I can't really speak to the sensitivity difference. What will you be using it for?

Jul 19, 05 10:59 am  · 
 · 
driftwood

I love my Intous 3.

I need to use it more often, actually...

Jul 19, 05 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

i'd say go with the intuos. the sensitivity will be clutch for photoshop which is what i assume you're using it for. takes a while to get the coordination tweaked so you're comfortable but it's great once you're set.

Jul 19, 05 3:28 pm  · 
 · 

I'e heard that the difference is imperceptible for anyone but experts, but I'd like some advice from anyone who has owned both as to whether i should cough up double for an intuos on my first tablet.

pen,
A PS, A I, and maybe form z. I'm a first year m arch student and prefer rendering on the computer, but the mouse isn't cutting it.

Jul 19, 05 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

I have a brand new Intuos 3 6 x 8 that I'd like to sell. If you want it let me know. I could send you some pictures of it. I bought it a month ago, haven't used it and need $$$ for an emergency. I would like to keep it since I know I'll buy one again in a few weeks after I find a job. :( [email protected] If you're interested and can send me the money immediately, I'll give you a good deal. Else I'll just list it on ebay.

Jul 19, 05 6:03 pm  · 
 · 

I'm looking to make a bulk order through an academic supplier, which is cheaper than what things go for on ebay, so I doubt it would work out (to your benefit, anyway). I'd give you maybe 200 for it.

Jul 19, 05 7:04 pm  · 
 · 

So no graphire users here?

Jul 19, 05 7:04 pm  · 
 · 
pencrush

The tablet will definitely be helpful with photoshop or any "hand" rendering you want to do on the computer. Depending on how you use illustrator, it can be helpful too, certainly not a hindrance, but it may not really help you any. I tried using a tablet in form z once, and I found it very annoying, but that was fairly early in my tablet experience, and I didn't try it again afterwards. I would try and find a local computer store (more likely a mac store) and see if they have both and try them out to see if you can tell the pressure sensitivity difference.

I like it for photoshop, some illustrator stuff, and painter mostly, but I know plenty of people who threw away their mice for the tablet. If you are going to be doing any drawing on the computer it's unbeatable.

Jul 19, 05 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
brown666

I use the graphire3, it's just great, the pressure works at it's best and eben tough I haven't used another tablet yet, I am pretty sure there is no real need for it, unless you are a professional graphic designer who is working (DRAWING) with it evry day at high res. works perfect for all photoshop applications

Jul 20, 05 12:29 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: