Archinect
anchor

Vectorworks question...

efbaxter

I'm teaching myself Vectorworks and have run into a problem I have been unable to solve either through their help material or through the reference book I'm using to learn the program. Here it is:

I am unable to snap to, select or edit any objects not on the active layer. Under the "Organize" menu I've picked the option for both classes and layers that allow for "Show/Snap/Modify Others", but have noticed no impact on the drawing. I don't want to go back to AutoCAD (particularly as I'm on a Mac now) so any help would be great.

Thanks.

Jul 15, 05 10:52 pm
mauOne™

reset the program......"Show/Snap/Modify Others" and the snap on should do it

Jul 15, 05 11:12 pm  · 
 · 
ahr ki tehkt

also, check your constraints pallette settings. window>constraints. in there you should be able to choose whether you want to snap to grid, corners, midpoints, etc...

Jul 16, 05 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
efbaxter

Something about the source file was either corrupt or being influenced by a setting that caused the problem. I copied and pasted the material into a new file and had no promlems.

(In the original file I could also not change any of the attributes of the objects, leading me to think that something was frozen...)

Thanks for the help.

Jul 16, 05 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
kazbot

ive had that problem before and closing/re-entering the program usually helps. also checking the layer options for each individual sheet will help prevent that in the future. (when exiting sheets doesnt seem to save layer status that has been modified from the drawing itself, i usually have to go to the sheet layer menu to have anything retained) and then again im kind of using a 'shared' version of the software, so im pretty used to little glitches . . .

Jul 18, 05 1:43 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: