Archinect
anchor

Who wants to start a band, thats what i wanna know

lletdownl

hey i dont suppose there are any chicago people on this thing that are musicians interested in playing? i need a new band

into lots of things but mostly independent rock, electronica, dance punk and what not...

wow imagine the possibilities, i already had one all archi band, and it was fantastic

Jul 15, 05 2:03 pm
driftwood

Who are you?

Jul 15, 05 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

i am patrick

Jul 22, 05 10:08 am  · 
 · 
melivt

i'll bring the [cowbell]http://members.shaw.ca/msilicz/cowbell.jpg[/img]

Jul 22, 05 11:25 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

I'll tell ya, you're gonna want that cowbell.

Jul 22, 05 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

oh i know... trust me, i love cowbell
lcd soundsystem and the raputure use it wisely...check that hot stuff out

Jul 22, 05 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
Sean!

i've been looking to start a band.......it's hard to find a good guitarist that's into indie stuff...u play guitar?
Unfortunately im in NyC

Jul 22, 05 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

i play lots of things... guitar accordian clarinet and piano, move to chicago, its a cooler place anyway! jk.... or am i? im not

Jul 22, 05 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
rabbits

God damnit. Just when I'm about to leave Chicago, someone wants to get a band togather. For years I've had visions of starting a sexually charged funky "house-punk" band. Think Lil Louis meets Joy Division in the basement of Prince's mansion. Man, how awesome would that be?

-andrew

Jul 22, 05 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

absolutely stellar

Jul 22, 05 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
Manteno_Montenegro

I can tell you a band to check out in Chicago. This one: The Atlantic Divide

Jul 22, 05 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
wangsta

I'm a guitarist :)

I live in Chicago :)

I like to rock :)

I only have 3 years experience :(

Jul 22, 05 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
Louisville Architect

What you guys need is someone who can play a mean theremin. It's not me, but you need one.

Jul 22, 05 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

i love theremin, jeff mangum used it really well on 'aeroplan over the sea' an incredible album by Neutral Milk Hotel, i also really like bagpipes... who knows how to play them, i think it would be better with out the chord pipes... again... jeff mangum knows best... who loves Neutral Milk Hotel? me? and who? you?

Jul 22, 05 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

good chicago bands-frisbee, chamber strings, old number 8 they're prolly a few more.

Jul 23, 05 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i am patrick- would be a good name for a band.

Jul 23, 05 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
David Zeibin

"i am patrick" [i]is[/is] a good name for a band!

Jul 25, 05 12:38 am  · 
 · 
David Zeibin

fart. where's the "edit" button...?

Jul 25, 05 12:39 am  · 
 · 
Josh Emig

I play guitar. I'm in NYC. I like indie music. Need a new electric guitar and amp though. Only have acoustic/electric at the moment. So when to architect bands find time to practice/play out? That's what I'd like to know.

Jul 25, 05 10:27 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

we MADE the time... haha, we would practice tuesday nights and saturday afternoons, played a few shows a month... thats the reason im lookin for a new band, the old one couldnt do it anymore

Jul 25, 05 12:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: