Archinect
anchor

NYC hotel

monkeyboy

Can anyone recommend a decent/ not too expensive hotel in Manahattan? I am going this weekend to visit my wife for our anniversary but am broke as a joke. The only reason i am able to go is becasue my parents offered to pay for the ticket.

Any cheaper boutique hotels? whereis the best place to look? Priceline?

Jul 12, 05 3:44 pm
ether
might take a look here mb
Jul 12, 05 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

stay with Arno... Ask Brooke where her parents stay when they are in town, I believe it is somewhat reasonable

Jul 12, 05 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
monkeyboy

thanks.. i have a bad habit of starting threads that have already been discussed.

Jul 12, 05 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
monkeyboy

and mdler,, that wouldnt be too romantic... especially knowing that you;ve been in that apartment.

Jul 12, 05 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
MickMack

just out of curiosity...where is your wife staying?

also...not sure how much it is, but besides a hostel, there is a brand new Howard Johnson's on East Houston...i heard its good...small (clearly) but clean and neat.

Jul 12, 05 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
dia
Off Soho Suites

- 11 Rivington Street. Iggy Pop stays there! Or is it Henry Rollins - actually I think it might be Rollins.

Jul 12, 05 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
monkeyboy

off soho suites actaully looks ok.. i am seeing this communal bathroom in a lot of inexpensive hotels in the city. should i avoid this?
My wife is currently in a dorm in midtown.

Jul 13, 05 9:45 am  · 
 · 
driftwood

The Gerschwin (listed in the other thread) is fantastic. The other hostelers weren't to be bothered much in the way of talking, but I was there so little and the price so cheap ($39 including taxes) that who cares?

Jul 13, 05 12:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: