Archinect
anchor

one way ticket out of kansas to new york -

awaiting_deletion

4 movies that sum up the new york city experience

bad bars, too much stimulates, too much hell's kitchen, the richest and most powerfull one minute and the homeless and addicted the next...and you wake-up in the hamptons.

you're not in kansas anymore

Bad Lieutenant (harvey keitel)

Limitless (Cooper, De Niro)

Devil's Advocate (Pacino, Reeves)

Weekend at Bernies

anyone else have this experience? one minute in center of the world, the next blacked out roaming some brooklyn shady area...

Sep 25, 11 12:41 am
awaiting_deletion

as i sip my jack daniels purple gatorade mix...bankrupt and lucky ;)

Sep 25, 11 12:47 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

You forgot Dog Day Afternoon

Sep 25, 11 1:18 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

oh shit, yet apu yes apu

and man, from my former personalities on archinect...APURIMIC you may be a new yorker.

pacino, a transvestite robbing a bank to be with his lover...a vietnam vet, right?

this shit only happens in NYC man!!!

where else in the world can I go into my ligqour store and advise mr hindu don't drink what alchohol to buy, really man, this is a beautifully sad place.

Sep 25, 11 1:52 am  · 
 · 

One of my favorite articles about New York.  It's joyful.

Sep 25, 11 9:14 am  · 
 · 

You need more than 4:

Across 110th Street
The Godfather
Serpico
Taxi Driver
Annie Hall
Saturday Night Fever
All That Jazz
Fatal Attraction
Wall Street
Do the Right Thing
Metropolitan
Henry Fool
The Terminal

Sep 25, 11 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Although I fortunately would not see it until several years later, the 6 months I spent interning for the super cool in NY ended up feeling a lot like Midnight Cowboy

Sep 25, 11 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
induct

Kids

Requiem for a Dream

Sep 25, 11 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
brorstein

Uh, Secret of My Success.  Duh.

Sep 26, 11 2:18 pm  · 
 · 

Did anybody even know that they are protests on wall street?  Large thanks to mtaibbi for the heads up, yo!

Sep 27, 11 4:04 pm  · 
 · 

Corporate media is ignoring or sabotaging Occupy Wall Street. After 10 days the NYT ran a piece belittling it. Yahoo put up a filter to block messages referring to it. About the best big media coverage was in the NY Post, where it made the cover and they didn't really have anything bad to say. Colbert and Stewart have both referred to it.

There was another protest in DC over the shale oil pipeline from Canada to Mexico (with celebs getting arrested every day) that never made the front page either. Gotta go with Alternet, Disinformation, ThinkProgress and other independent sources including Al Jazeera if you want any real news.

Sep 27, 11 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

yes Requim for a Dream...i've walked on that boardwalk they hid uner

Oct 1, 11 1:29 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: