Archinect
anchor

AutoCAD/Photoshop Help...

mn

I want to bring a 3-D model I've done in AutoCAD into photoshop. I tried saving the image as a PDF, with the applied materials however it does not translate into the pdf that gets created. Any suggestions?
Thanks,

Jul 11, 05 7:43 pm
EcoArchSefa

mn- i just did an operation similar to what you are trying to do. Trying importing the Cad file as a bitmap image. save it somewhere and you should be able to open it in photoshop. the only problem i encountered was that i lost all my rendering properties in photoshop. you will be left with a shaded model instead. try it.

Jul 11, 05 7:56 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Try EPS. Add an EPS printer from the config/add a plotter wizard menu [if you dont already have one], and then print the viewport as an eps. You can then take this into pshop. This might work. Or try as a image fiule such as jpg, or png.

Jul 11, 05 8:20 pm  · 
 · 
archoholic

Save the rendering as a TIFF, use options in the render window where you choose render to file, and save in i.e. my documents and open in photoshop.

Jul 11, 05 8:51 pm  · 
 · 
caffeine junkie

its called render.....

Jul 11, 05 10:03 pm  · 
 · 
JK664

go to the autocad window with your 3d model and get it as large as possible as you can on the screen. then type Ctrl + Prt Sc.
This will capture anything that you have displayed on the screen. Now go into photoshop and paste. You now should be able to crop around the excess screen and get a good shot of you 3d model. I did it for my portfolio you just have to get the image as large as you can or it will get distorted in photoshop. goodluck

Jul 11, 05 10:11 pm  · 
 · 
EcoArchSefa

mn- i mearnt export not import...file->export->bitmap->save it somewhere->should be able to open it in photoshop

Jul 12, 05 12:22 am  · 
 · 
remonio

How are you saving to PDF? I believe it should work if you print/plot to a pdf file. Put it in a layout first and make sure the variable Hideplot is turned on then print to PDF file. I'm assuming you have Adobe Acrobat installed and not just an Acrobat reader.

Jul 12, 05 12:29 am  · 
 · 
remonio

It's the Shadeplot system variable - Hideplot is old.

Jul 12, 05 12:42 am  · 
 · 
mn

thanks everyone

Jul 12, 05 12:51 am  · 
 · 
bothands

you can save it as a dwg file and open it in Illustrator, then convert to Tiff and open in Photoshop

Jul 12, 05 12:56 am  · 
 · 
remonio

bothands: That may not work so well with 3d.

Jul 12, 05 1:11 am  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Print to media make a custom resolution and print it as a PNG file.

Jul 12, 05 9:31 am  · 
 · 
Urbanist

If you use the EPS approach on an unrendered model, be sure to set "shade plot" to "hidden" under "plot settings", or you may save an eps file that has hidden/background lines in it... for some reason, converting "as displayed" doesn't always for for me. Our just save to EPS as rendered,but there may be occasions where you may not want a rendered image.

Jul 13, 05 2:42 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: