Archinect
anchor

Offices in London - Advice Please?

igloominaire

I'm planning to relocate to London in 12-18 months and will be looking for work - any recommendations? I am primarily interested in mid- to large-sized commercial /residential firms that pay very well, and would not be averse to getting involved with the 2012 Olympics.

In addition, input on what to expect regarding payscales in this particular office 'genre' would be appreciated. I am California-licensed with 8 years of solid project experience.

NOTE - I'm absolutely NOT looking for the starving-artist, for-the-love-of-the-game, sell-your-life-to-a-starchitect lifestyle in this great city (been there, done that...) - I'm now at a point in life where the objective is more about living somewhat comfortably, than suffering for our art. I prefer to work weekends and nights for profit, not pleasure! Any and all feedback, background, inside info, etc would be much appreciated. Thanks all.

Jul 10, 05 7:33 pm
Balalaika Jones

You could start by getting in touch with RIBA - they have a good placement set-up and also a directory of offices. Also Adrem was one agency that I found decent enough - temp and full-time placements - their website (www.adrem.co.uk) has listings and some salary ranges. Best of luck.

Jul 11, 05 1:05 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: