Archinect
anchor

song from life aquatic..?

heterarch

what's the one from when the trailers were just starting to come out..? something like "(aqua?) man, take me by the hand, help me understand..."
it wasn't actually on the soundtrack, just in those early trailers... anderson always rocks the gas ball with his soundtracks, but since this song wasn't actually in the movie, i haven't been able to find what it was anywhere.. any help?

Jul 10, 05 12:04 pm
heterarch

isn't it by ween? anybody know? i just can't remember for sure.

Jul 10, 05 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

the trailer i saw was playing david bowie's "starman" from the ziggy stardust.

Jul 10, 05 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
heterarch

found it.. :) nevermind - ocean, not aqua...

Jul 10, 05 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
heterarch

vado, yeah. i know the one you're talking about. another great song. and of course queen bitch... the bowie covers in the movie are awesome too.

Jul 10, 05 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
rabbits

Yeah, the whole soundtrack is entirely bowie songs sung in portuguese. I believe all the songs are from either "Ziggy Stardust" or "Hunky Dory", although I vaguely remember "Space Oddity" being in there somewhere, I dunno. Actually, the sountrack isn't enturely bowie, there is a Zombies and a Stooges tune in there too. Maybe some Devo? I can't remember. But yeah, I was kinda dissapointed New Order's version of "Ceremony" didn't make it into the movie. It's one of my favotite songs of all time and I think it deserved more than just a trailer spot. FANTASY: The soundtrack to his next film should be all orchestral arrangements of Joy Division songs. How awesome would that be?

Jul 10, 05 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
caffeine junkie

I just saw this thread as that song was playing in a coffeshop. I was trying to figure out what movie it was from....how random...

Jul 10, 05 9:39 pm  · 
 · 
heterarch

ahhh, archinect saves the day yet again...

Jul 11, 05 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
Sullivan.DJ

ocean man by ween is on the spongebob square pants soundtrack.

Jul 11, 05 12:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: