Archinect
anchor

Any thoughts on the University of Kentucky?

eureka

I am considering several schools with Kentucky being the most likely. Has anyone had any experiences or opinions about this school. I don't seem to see it mentioned very often or at all. Alos what does everyone think about UCLA, Ohio State and Texas at Austin in comparision
Thanks

Jul 7, 05 8:56 am
WonderK

I have several friends and coworkers who went to Kentucky, and who work with me and in other parts of the country. Also a former prof is down there. They all seem like fairly normal, albeit pragmatic, people. Although one of them ran off to live in harmony with the earth in Berkeley but that's another story entirely.

In any case, I think it's a pretty good school.

Jul 7, 05 10:49 am  · 
 · 
ichweiB

From what I know, schools like Kentucky and UT(knoxville) for that matter are very good regional programs. they may not get the recognition of larger and more popular school, but the graduate they produce are very professional and go to work for good companies in the Southeast. UCLA, Ohio State, and UT Austin are very good schools. I applied to UT Austin and did not get in. I know for any other graduate admissions process at UT Austin, you have to have at least a 3.7 to even be considered even though the requirement says a 3.0-they have so many people that apply that have top notch grades that the competition is steep.

Jul 8, 05 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
ichweiB

what I posted did not make sense..."but the graduates*..."

Jul 8, 05 12:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: