Archinect
anchor

Installation in Silverlake neighborhood of Los Angeles

bidget

I was recently in driving down Silverlake Boulevard in Los Angeles and noticed a rather striking gold funnel shaped installation in front of a building. Does anyone know who created this and what it is for? Is the space called "Materials & Applications"? It was pretty amazing!!!

Jul 5, 05 10:51 pm
Janosh
http://www.emanate.org/
Jul 5, 05 10:54 pm  · 
 · 
bidget

Thanks Janosh.

Well, we might as well talk about that thing. Has anyone else seen it? What did you think? There is a lot of talk about the PS1 project, this might be something right here in LA worth discussing.

Jul 5, 05 11:01 pm  · 
 · 

Looks great based on the photos that were uploaded to our gallery - look

Jul 5, 05 11:05 pm  · 
 · 
bidget

Those are cool. What kind of event did they do there?

Jul 5, 05 11:12 pm  · 
 · 

info about this event can be found in our calendar

Jul 5, 05 11:33 pm  · 
 · 
spaceman

I don't know what it is, but I threw some water baloons into it from across the street.

Jul 6, 05 2:54 am  · 
 · 
Jeremy

"Image from below showing light pattern and the "Resonant Amplified Vortex Emitter" at the "singularity" of the vortex"

that caption got me laughing soo hard. Man, a tribute to The Black Hole is brilliant - I loved that movie as a kid - the robots, especially the evil one, are the best movie robots ever..

that is gorgeous. hernan should come take notes. I will go check it out in person this week.

Jul 6, 05 5:48 pm  · 
 · 
sweet randi

it is cold inside the vortex

Jul 6, 05 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
cj_lee

Wow! Beautiful!

I ran into this unexpectedly with some friends on the way to the Spaceland Club. It dominates the street.

Its well worth a special trip. Amazing, it moves in the breeze.

The ground underneath the thing vibrates. You can see the stars through the center of it. I didn't think you could see stars (the real kind, not the entertainers) in LA. Maybe the funnel-structure shields the ambient city lights?

Seemed warm to me... A nice place to hang out.

Jul 11, 05 4:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: