Archinect
anchor

Americans living in Europe

jaja

For the Americans who moved to Europe, how do you cope with the European life style? Can you ever adjust to the extremely high prices for everything, the extremely small houses and apartments, the small cars, the high priced gas, the outrageous rules and regulations, the outrageous high taxes, the fact that you never get your money's worth etc. etc. etc.

Jul 5, 05 8:15 am
TED

your a great american jaja, carry on

clearly you have set your bias to the low life of the europeans so why bother going? the good coffee?

i would like to say it the other way, the american excess as reflected in the absurd size houses, the absurd size cars, the boundry less urban areas with continuous sprawl, the multiple layered law making system with fed,state, city county, regional local law making bodies, the outragous high taxes [when you add them together - no different than europe - just put health insur or other social taxes that we pay privat into the mix] and the fact that you never get your moneys worth.

Jul 5, 05 9:19 am  · 
 · 
doberman

Don't be so negative jaja.
Over here in Europe we do have some great American imports such as McDonald's, KFC & starbucks that seem to mushroom all over the place and which sure help counter-balance our shitty way of life. So if you really need to, you'll feel just like home. For who would give up the great american way of life for the mean european one?? Would you believe it, we even have electricity and running water, but that's one of our best kept secrets which is why you probably still don't know about it. So you're forgiven. However i'm not sure if we'll be able to accomodate your ego as it sure doesn't seem to be small, more like over-sized by the looks of it. Might not fit in any of our tiny dwellings.

Jul 5, 05 11:27 am  · 
 · 
TED

but you dont have brad.......and you do have pizza hut which is really crap pizza and you dont have great architecture or architectural magazines like 'architecuture' .........but whose counting anyway. and you dont have george bush [you have him for a week so take good care of him..... we need him back to carry on the war against terror]

Jul 5, 05 11:34 am  · 
 · 
TED

i did notice last few time in uk, you began to import our obesity. now your getting it right!

Jul 5, 05 11:36 am  · 
 · 
aemkei

Just out of curiosity... What are these 'outrageous rules and regulations' of which you speak?

Jul 5, 05 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
TED

dont they ticket yanks for jay-walking? how outragous! how third world!

Jul 5, 05 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
harold

I love Europe. The architecture, the culture, the food, the people are just great. But i do have to agree with jaja. If you want to live like the average Amercian suburban family in Europe, you have to be a millionaire in Europe.

Jul 5, 05 2:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: