Archinect
anchor

Canadians are anti-PhD !

yenafar

look at canada ... only one phd program at Mc-Gill ! uncomparable to anywhere else ... i dont know who a country of 35 milion manages it....
even New Zealand have 2 university offering phd, australia more than 5 , ... uk and us : numerous !

Jul 3, 05 1:26 am

thats cuz all the talent leaves!

i may return to live, but have been gone almost 15 years now. the nice thing about architecture is it lets you travel and there is too much out here in the rest of the world to want to go back just yet...

Jul 3, 05 1:41 am  · 
 · 
paris

maybe becuase if you have a phd in canada you're over qualified for everything. I've sat on a few committees and it's usually "oh the phd's expect more money, we'll just hire the graduates for less".

jump, where do you live now?

Jul 3, 05 2:23 am  · 
 · 

tokyo, though i spent time in london as well. maybe its just a big city thing...

Jul 3, 05 5:04 am  · 
 · 
paris

wow!sounds exciting. how was London? I'm planning on working there for a while after school. Canada is totally boring I can't live here anymore. I'm thinking either Italy or the Uk

Jul 3, 05 2:46 pm  · 
 · 

london was nice, but expensive. work was excellent but took more effort to find an office willing to sponsor a work permit. if you plan to find a job there i found that i got best results after i went and had a london return address (sent out about 30 letters and CVs through the mail). e-mail was alright but if a company is interested they will want to meet sooner than later...

Jul 3, 05 7:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: