Archinect
anchor

Dude, it's Hasidic Dub/Reggae

Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

anyone heard of these guys?

Jul 2, 05 2:45 pm
ovalle

yes.. he is incredible actually.., i believe he will be headling at the raggae festive on randells island later this summer

Jul 2, 05 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
AP

ya, the Matisyahu album is great

Jul 2, 05 8:32 pm  · 
 · 

Matisyahu is great, very edgy

Jun 28, 07 9:08 pm  · 
 · 
waterhouse

As far as I know about Rastafarianism, they - like the Jews - consider the Old Testamant their religious text. Their facial hair and dreads derive from an Old Testament passage condemning hair trimming that many Othordox Jews oberve. Their dietary laws compare greatly to Jewish Kosher guidelines. And that passage about herb...that's one they really like.

Jun 28, 07 9:26 pm  · 
 · 
simples

i was looking for "matisyahu"'s name for a long time since i saw an unamed video at my fitness club...i find it funny that i finally found it at archinect...you people rock!

Jun 29, 07 11:43 am  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

i've been a Matisyahu fan for a while too...i'd agree that there are many shared icons and historical events shared between the rastafarians and judaism. it was the twelve tribes of israel afterall.

Jun 29, 07 12:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: