Archinect
anchor

Road Trip Ideas...

mn

I live in the bay area and want to go see something new- any ideas for a weekend trip? I've done the obvious stuff- Joshua Tree, Yosemite, Big Sur, Mavericks, LA, Morro Bay,...- any secret/under the radar spots out there?
thanks.

Jul 2, 05 2:16 pm
abracadabra

follow the russian river.

Jul 2, 05 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

russian river

Jul 2, 05 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
paperboy

Try the limekiln campsite along the pch. it's very close to Big Sur. Make sure you reserve site 33. It's in the forest and there is a cool waterfall to hike too. About 10 miles from the campsite is a natural spring at the Esalen institute. It's a wierd place but they will let you sit in the hot springs which are right up against the ocean form 1:00 am to 3:00 am for 20 bucks, but you have to make reservations by 8:oo pm that day. I just did it and it was a great trip.

Jul 2, 05 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
paperboy

Try the limekiln campsite along the pch. it's very close to Big Sur. Make sure you reserve site 33. It's in the forest and there is a cool waterfall to hike too. About 10 miles from the campsite is a natural spring at the Esalen institute. It's a wierd place but they will let you sit in the hot springs which are right up against the ocean form 1:00 am to 3:00 am for 20 bucks, but you have to make reservations by 8:oo pm that day. I just did it and it was a great trip.

Jul 2, 05 5:42 pm  · 
 · 
Kai

There is an incredible 40 mile loop hike out of mineral king ranger station in Sequoia National Park, there are 3 nice big passes at 11 or 12,000 feet and you stay pretty much above 10,000 the whole time, one of my favorite hikes ever

Jul 2, 05 11:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: