Archinect
anchor

obligatory holiday/work thread

stephanie

my office just decided to close at 3 today and not open up shop again until tuesday.

what's your deal?

who's joining me on the adirondak chairs for wine in two hours?

Jul 1, 05 3:44 pm
ether

i think i'm just going to up and leave regardless if it's a 3pm day or not. take this job...

i'm bringing some cheesy cheese and some fireworks.

Jul 1, 05 3:50 pm  · 
 · 

today is a full day (although I have been wasting a lot of time) and monday off.

I'll bring the boca burgers...

Jul 1, 05 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
honorthebrick

Almost everyone has left my office already. There are about 7 of the 30+ people here. I'm gonna go at 4:30...and we don't come back til tuesday as well.

Jul 1, 05 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
Aluminate

Took today off, as did many in office, though a few decided to work. We're all back again on Tuesday. There have been years in the past when I've worked right through holiday weekends and through holidays themselves, so I've learned that if there's no current crisis I should take the time when it presents itself.

Jul 1, 05 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

got a full day today but work is slow. boss is just running around looking at real estate for developing. I'm trying to dig up old hand drawn details and draw them in cad. i wanna get outta here!

Jul 1, 05 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Working straight on through this weekend, as the husband is taking the kid to visit his great-grandma.

Sad when time with no parental responsibilites translates to "wahoo! I have time to actually work!" I'll manage to get in a few beers, though, too.

Sad but excellent too. I enjoy self-employment. Happy 4th everyone.

Jul 1, 05 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

Working all day tomorrow....off Sunday and Monday......it sucks, but hey it's what I want. Funny enough.

Jul 1, 05 5:17 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: