Archinect
anchor

Glacier, Jackson down to Salt Lake

My folks are headed to the NW in a couple of weeks. In preperation, I'm helping them do a little research before they leave. They are flying into Spokane, WA and driving to Glacier National Park where they'll stay a few days. After Glacier it's through Yellowstone for a day and down to Jackson, WY. They will be in Jackson a few days and then will drive on to Salt Lake City where they fly out.

They are not big hikers but I've suggested they at least try and find a few easy trails to explore.

Also, if there are any hidden gems along those routes that might be worth checking out, please feel free to suggest. Thanks!

Jul 1, 05 11:51 am
chupacabra

Tell them to take the Top of the World highway...its is just north of yellowstone and cuts through the Absorka Beartooth mountains...it is the most amazing drive in the U.S.

The road is only open 3 months of the year due to snow...There are glaciers everywhere...they will not be disappointed.

From there they can go straight through Yellowstone to Jackson.

Jul 1, 05 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
ether

thanks jason.

Jul 4, 05 2:35 am  · 
 · 
architecturegeek

I'm from right near Glacier and I've lived in Bozeman (near Yellowstone) for 5-6 years, if their not big hikers tell them to try Avalanche Lake/Trail of the Cedars which is near the west entrance of Glacier park, very gentle incline or none if they take the loop. Going to the Sun road (strangely similiar to Top of the World highway) in Glacier also is a nice drive.

What route are they taking from Glacier to Yellowstone? i.e. can you show me on a map, I could tell you more that way.

Back through Missoula or are they going through the park and on to East Glacier, Cut Bank, Great Falls etc. ?

My advice the eastern half of that trip i.e. Cut Bank Great Falls region is very very boring. If they head back to Missoula and then on to Butte and so on its a more interesting drive.
I've got more information if you've got specific questions.

Jul 5, 05 1:52 am  · 
 · 
ether

i will try and give my folks a call soon and see if they have a specific route in mind. thanks ag!

Jul 5, 05 12:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: