Archinect
anchor

architects answer

Oana S.

i suppose everyone is probably bored of this, but i was thinking what would be the architects answer to the question 'why the chicken crossed the road'?
any specific architects answer?

Jun 30, 05 10:57 am
larslarson

louis kahn

and i said to the chicken, 'chicken what do you want to be'
and the chicken said 'i was made to cross the road'

Jun 30, 05 11:04 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

To get a better look at that cladding detail that bores his other chicken traveling companions to tears.

Jun 30, 05 11:06 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Because his property was condemed and siezed by eminent domain.

Jun 30, 05 11:30 am  · 
 · 
abracadabra

"because that chicken had a twisted mind. as soon as chicken crossed the road, i fucked her."
-david childs

Jun 30, 05 11:37 am  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

Fried Tastiness, Nutrition, and Delight

Jun 30, 05 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

What chicken? Change your scale of perception

Jun 30, 05 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
Jr.

Chicken? All this time I thought it was a duck....

Jun 30, 05 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
Oana S.

though the chicken had no idea he could actually cross the road save, I, as an architect, felt it was my duty to convince him to do so. It was only an unhappy coincidence, that car...

Jul 3, 05 11:42 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

to get to oana's bellybutton ring.

Jul 3, 05 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
citizen4nr

rem koolhaas-

"im going to have a bunch of grad students write my next book about it."

Jul 4, 05 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
Oana S.

that's a good one... how about gehry? libeskind? zaha?

Jul 4, 05 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
Oana S.

btw vado... i took it out long time ago... was bored of it! sorry

Jul 4, 05 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
Oana S.

brad pitt:
we first had to bleach the chicken, but since gehry signed for it, the chicken thought: why not cross the road?

Jul 4, 05 6:34 pm  · 
 · 
aml

blob-architect

it's not important why the chicken crossed the road, but we've arranged several iterations of possible trajectories the chicken might take. the arrangement of the different possibilities has been fed into our computers and has generated our last media grabbing paperless non buildable project. we call it 'road meandering'. this project has assured us a teaching post in a bunch of ivys. next, we had our students/slaves generate more random trajectories, feeding different gravities into the machines, according to different planets in the solar system to see what would happen if the chicken would actually semi-float to the other side of the road say in mars or venus. regrettably, at this point somebody tripped with a cable but we're thinking of incorporating that accident into the project, since after all doesn't the fabric of life incorporate randomness and accidents?

Jul 4, 05 6:46 pm  · 
 · 
siggers

aml WINS :D

Love it. Well, actually I hate the kind of nonsensical fairy architecture you lampoon so successfully, I do however, love to hate it. ;)

What I always want to say in response to such 'architecture' - which is so often only in the realm of the students imagination and 3d program is this: "Well done, you've made something very complicated. Now tell me, why?"

Jul 4, 05 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
citizen4nr

aml's is rofl good. here's a liebskind one:

"I'll give you whatever answer you want, as long as I get to look totally emo in my outfit and dont have to work with that douchebag childs"

and another:
"I want to have another chicken cross a road just like the original" -Donald Trump

Jul 4, 05 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Fabulous, aml, I love to hate it as well...

Jul 4, 05 8:03 pm  · 
 · 
aml

: )

Jul 4, 05 9:53 pm  · 
 · 
Oana S.

zaha: who cares why the chicken crossed the road as long as his father payed for it?

Jul 5, 05 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Because poultry follows junction?

Jul 5, 05 6:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: