Archinect
anchor

Pseudonyms

subassemble

How many of you have a second Archinect username?

Jun 23, 05 10:16 pm
ether

once upon a time, but now i'm clean.

Jun 24, 05 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
Jr.

Thought about it, too lazy to create another account just to complain about work anonymously.

Jun 24, 05 2:45 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

there was someone not too long ago that pissed me off enough to have gotten a new user name just to bitch out. i didn't get the new user name though, because i didn't want to wait. i still miss the your name anonymity abilities, but now i feel like i am actually a person on the board, rather than simply a comment. there are definately trade offs.

Jun 24, 05 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

don't have one. perhaps I should.

Jun 24, 05 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
e

not me. i like to be accountable for better or worse.

Jun 24, 05 7:20 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

not i.

Jun 24, 05 7:30 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

yes you do.

· 
el jeffe

shut up!

· 
el jeffe

somebody answer the damn phone!!!!

· 
driftwood

I don't. I can't afford to spread my post count love across several names because...

I'm aiming for the top, baby!!

Jun 24, 05 7:50 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Archinecter's who I reckon are/have pseudonyms:

Silent Disapproval Robot
Speechless
Per Corell
Evangelical Bunny [thats pretty obvious]

The question is, who are they really?

Jun 28, 05 11:20 pm  · 
 · 
dia

And speaking of Archinect Members, I am happy to see that I am 40th on the list.

Jun 28, 05 11:27 pm  · 
 · 
oe

I was/am silent disapproval robot.

*bows*

Jun 29, 05 1:51 am  · 
 · 
driftwood

diabase-

Actually, let's use this list. It links to ranking based on 'comments' and not 'entries.' You might be higher.

Jun 29, 05 3:36 am  · 
 · 
French

let's race

Jun 29, 05 6:50 am  · 
 · 
trace™

I had a different name when it switched, but then found that 'trace' was still available. It's probably still there, but it's been dead from the beginning.

Personally, I think that it's just about the same as before. No one really knows who eachother are, with the exception of a few. I like it like this.

Jun 29, 05 8:54 am  · 
 · 
guiggster

Man, that Javier Arbona guy needs to get a life.

Just kidding! Oh, God, please don't ban me!

Jun 29, 05 10:48 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

LOL, guiggster.

Jun 29, 05 10:59 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

There, that post knocked me up another notch in the rankings...I bet at this rate I can be at the top by lunchtime....

Jun 29, 05 10:59 am  · 
 · 
ether

not if i have anything to say about it! muahahahahaha.. archinect post master will be mine! muahahahha

Jun 29, 05 11:07 am  · 
 · 
French

I knew somebody would start that. I had to get ahead of diabase anyway. Thanks folks.

Jun 29, 05 11:20 am  · 
 · 
ether

french, you and diabase are now my archenemies. and javier, i'm coming for you.

Jun 29, 05 11:30 am  · 
 · 
French

beware ether, I'm on your tail.

Jun 29, 05 11:32 am  · 
 · 
ether

your profile has now been added to my favorites. i'll be watching you.

Jun 29, 05 11:43 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I seem to be consistently just above or below Rita Novel.

ether, I think diabase posts mostly during our night, as he's in Australia (?I think?), so to overcome dia you'll have to pull way ahead before bedtime.

Jun 29, 05 11:45 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

i think he's in NZ.
i've got most of ya beat (embarrassingly)

Jun 29, 05 11:48 am  · 
 · 
ether

actually vado has the most impressive numbers... he's the highest/youngest member and damn.. @ 945 with only being active 7 months.. nice job vado..

Jun 29, 05 11:58 am  · 
 · 
French

Forget about numbers, I've been surfing this site since '98 and English is not my native language. Who can beat that?

Jun 29, 05 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
guiggster

Let me guess, your native language is Spanish?

Jun 29, 05 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
French

I could keep on posting just to increase my score, but I got to go. Sorry guiggster.

Jun 29, 05 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
driftwood

The bigger your post count, the harder you fall...

Jun 29, 05 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

So here's a question – when you see that a thread has 15 comments, but (75) viewings, how much of that is lurkers who read but don't post, and how much of it is us posters just compulsively checking back in over and over and over?

Jun 29, 05 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
st.

i, personally, appreciate a nice entries/comments ratio.

Jun 29, 05 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Yes I am in New Zealand, and I just got into work. Hmmm, 9 ish hours to create as many threads and comments as possible. What about something on the World's top schools who hate bush and have a fancy graphics program....

Jun 29, 05 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
dia

And well done oe.

While we are owning up, back in the day, I was One Hundreth Man, and somethimes Two Hundreth Man...

Jun 29, 05 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
dia

st. interesting, I was looking at this yesterday. The highest ranking then was the Cincinnati thread at 14.78%, and throughtform at 13.37%...

Jun 29, 05 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Well, thats 4 more comments.

Jun 29, 05 5:00 pm  · 
 · 

I don't have a pseudonym, but I did change names. When I first got here, I was USCErin for like a month, but then I decided I wanted a little more anonymity when some kid from SCIArc (who subsequently abondoned his blog!) thought I was flirting with him and got kind of wierd and I realized that my name made it really easy for any wierdo to find me...

Jun 29, 05 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
ether

anyone giving you problems, you just let me know.

Jun 29, 05 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
ether

daibase, where are you getting those % numbers?

Jun 29, 05 5:23 pm  · 
 · 

he's gone now! he disappeared shortly after the (non)incident. He dissed USC big time, then a bunch of trojans, including myself, came over to his blog and laid the smack down. Then I felt bad about being so hard on the little frosh, and started asking him about a lecture that had happened there recently, ane he's like, "Are we flirting? Archi-flirting?" and I'm like, "um, no." and then he abondoned his blog and I realized it was time for a new user name.

Jun 29, 05 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
dia

ether, divide the amount of views by the posts...

Jun 29, 05 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Sorry, reverse that. And I see that I am 37th on the comments list...

Jun 29, 05 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
st.

dia--
yeah, that too. but, actually, i meant entries/comments ratios for each user not views/comments per topic as i think you might be referring to.

might it say something about their personalities that lifeform has a entries/comments ratio of about 1:2 while rationalist's ratio is close to 1:40?

Jun 29, 05 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
dia

I see, I see. Yeah, thats interesting. It is to do with personalities, but also time on archinect, interests etc. I, not being an American, have very little to say or contribute on US Schools, cities and culture, so given my ratio of 1:13 means that I am quite active when you remove the US focussed discussions...

Jun 29, 05 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
st.

oh, and to oe:
what possessed silent disapproval robot to speak??? gotta say, i lost a lot of love for SDR that day.

Jun 29, 05 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
st.

hey, wait a minute! so that was you talking to yourself back inthis thread?

[silently disapproving]

Jun 29, 05 6:02 pm  · 
 · 
ether

busted.

Jun 29, 05 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
oe

it was my friend actually, we both use these accounts,

Jun 30, 05 2:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: