Archinect
anchor

THE GOAT OR, WHO IS SYLVIA

zeth01

SO I JUST GOT BACK FROM A PLAY CALLED...
THE GOAT OR, WHO IS SYLVIA?
ANYONE EVER SEE IT OR READ THE BOOK?
IT WAS ODD. IT WAS ABOUT AN ARCHITECT WHO HAD JUST WON THE PRITZKER FOR PLANNING/DESIGNING SOME CITY. HE LIVED IN A HOUSE IN THE SUBURBS HAD ON SON (GAY) AND HAD BEEN MARRIED FOR 20 OR SO YEARS. THE ODD PART IS THAT THE ARCHITECT WAS IN LOVE WITH A GOAT AND WAS HAVING SEX WITH IT... BEST FRIEND TELLS WIFE... BLAH BLAH BLAH AND THEY FIGHT ETC...

Jun 22, 05 12:35 am
Cameron

not seen it but the posters freaked me out..

I know it was a hit in NYC and London.

the NY Times magazine actually got 6 artists to do versions of the book cover, I can't find them but they were pretty twisted.

Watch Albees' Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf for more twisted married hijinks

or Two For the Road about an architect and his wife (Audrey Hepburn) thinking about splitting up..

Jun 22, 05 1:26 am  · 
 · 

two for the road is one of my all-time favorite movies.

Jun 22, 05 9:12 am  · 
 · 

Maybe I'll re-publish "The Architect's Wife's Style" at museumpeace.com later today. This light photo essay, first published at quondam.com in 2000, is based on stills captured from Two For the Road.

Jun 22, 05 11:14 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

zeth, please, please stop posting in all caps. It's hard to read.

Jun 22, 05 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
geezopeez

It was a waste of $50. It was not necessary to describe the goat-fucking scenario twice in the same play. Yawn.

Jun 29, 05 4:21 am  · 
 · 
johndevlin

isn't "Who is Sylvia" from Shakespeare (Twelfth Night?) Where's the connection? I, too, love Two for the Road: classic classiness when that was in.

Jun 29, 05 4:31 am  · 
 · 
zeth01

yes it was boring but it was free for me....

Jun 29, 05 5:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: