Archinect
anchor

Tivo

Mum

How does it work? Not really asking for techincal info but -

What do you buy? Is there a monthly fee? Hour many hours do your recommend buying - 40? 80? Can you record two things on at the same time? I've heard it becomes "smart" - how does that work? I have cable - is that easy to hook up?

All the normal questions! Thanks!

Jun 16, 05 7:59 pm
jas

I love TiVo...basically it controls my life now...i want everything to be on TiVo...including the radio and especially client meetings...especially pause and rewind....

I have the 40 hour set up...but what i would recommend is that you get the one with the recordable dvd or if you have a recordable dvd player then that cool too...its smart because you can rate shows and then it will record what it thinks you like based on that when there is room in the system...

My system can't record two channels at the same time but newer ones might..i don't know..

there is a monthly fee...$12...i would look into the digital recorder that your cable company offers and that might be a good way to go too...

either way its definetly a great thing to have...

Jun 16, 05 8:37 pm  · 
 · 
e

my brother bought me one years ago. i told him it wouldn't be of much use to me since i don't have cable and get all of about 5 channels.

Jun 16, 05 8:47 pm  · 
 · 
mayurp68

go to ebay, you'll find one with a lifetime sub. and extra hours. i bought mine for $400 that included a 140 gig hard drive and lifetime sub., you can pay monthly ($12) or $300 for the entire time you have the tivo.

Jun 16, 05 8:53 pm  · 
 · 
Devil Dog

i got mine with DirecTv. my DVR is rated in hours, not in gigs. it costs me $4 a month.

i think Tivo is the best dam thing ever invented. i completely agree with jas about wanting Tivo for the radio and for real life. it's really addictive.

i don't set mine to record automatically by recommendation. i record everything through the season pass manager or by specific recordings.

Tivo if great. all hail Tivo.

Jun 16, 05 9:17 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: