Archinect
anchor

Office chairs

4arch

I have been put in charge of selecting new chairs for my office. Beyond maybe the bed, the office chair is probably the piece of furniture we spend the most time using so comfort is the highest priority. Aeron chairs are somewhat out of our price range. Any suggestions for cahirs that are comfortable, durable, decent looking, and won't cost an arm and a leg?

Jun 16, 05 1:56 pm

a year or so ago haworth was running a promotion to designers on their x99. nice chair that they wanted architects and interior designers to promote to their clients so they were offering a crazy cheap deal. my office filled the conference room with them. not sure if this promotion is still going on. call your rep.

Jun 16, 05 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

H-M has the mirra chair which is a cheaper alternative to the aeron.
Steelcase has the THINK and Leap chairs; I have a THINK at my home office that I like.

Jun 16, 05 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

How cheap you willing to go. We've bought things as far away as singapore and had them shipped over (at purchase cost of less that U$5 per chair). Unfortunately they were of the generic bread but they fit the bill.

Otherwise I would go with Sedus.

Jun 16, 05 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
A

Last year Steelcase had a deal on the THINK that was similar to the Haworth deal mentioned. Be sure to look into any A/D discount. Good luck...wish I were getting a good chair. I sit on a $50 Office Depot chair and my back hurts all the time.

Jun 16, 05 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
bothands

Ikea Patrik - best combination of looks/comfort around for $150 (got some a few months ago for $49! but that sale's over). If you can afford haworth/aeron/new chair by aeron designer/eames aluminum group with mesh fabric go for it...

Jun 17, 05 3:18 am  · 
 · 
Barrett

maybe try humanscale

Jun 17, 05 9:41 am  · 
 · 
jaja

Xantos. They are the best.

http://www.xantos-derstuhl.de/

Jun 17, 05 9:47 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

How 'bout the Vitra .04? It's around the same pricepoint as the Think but a bit more elegant.

Jun 17, 05 10:20 am  · 
 · 

try HON - inexpensive and pretty good. They make their money from MASS sales.

Jul 11, 05 9:17 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: