Archinect
anchor

seattle question

melivt

after i finish my book, i am packing up and heading west to seattle. a little leary, as i have not yet begun to look for
a. job
b. housing.

preferable to live on elliot bay side of seattle in QA or maybe capitol hill. but my significant other is thinking bellevue or kirkland near her relatives. what can you offer as far as pros cons to both. also, i hate commuting and would prefer to bike or row to work. yeah, right... like i am gonna be sculling any time soon...

thanks in advance.

Jun 12, 05 1:25 am
eugene j

I was in Seattle for a year or so, and lived in three places-- Redmond, Kirkland and Belltown, which was just up from first street downtown, although I visited a lot of other areas including queen anne, the university district and others. I'd recommend the book "Seattle Survival Guide, 3rd edition" by Theresa Morrow--- this helped me find the neighborhood that I was looking for. The key thing is to figure out which side of the water you want to live on, because although everything is just 10 miles or so--- if you have to cross water, for some reason you just don't do it.

Jul 2, 05 1:05 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: