Archinect
anchor

Cosmic_Blobs comes to Columbia

dlb

Rumor has it that Columbia architecture dept. is to replace form_z, maya and CATIA, with 'Cosmic_Blobs v.1.1' . also produced by Dassault Systems, the software has a more simple interface, necessary for university students. for information, see: www.cosmicblobs.com

Jun 11, 05 8:56 am
Luis Fraguada

is this for real?

Jun 11, 05 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
inkwray

I'm going to columbia

Jun 11, 05 6:02 pm  · 
 · 
tobykirchener

finally, a 3d modeling software i can understand...

Jun 11, 05 6:41 pm  · 
 · 
Luis Fraguada

has anyone used this? please tell me you are joking? I am just going to have to download it to find out for myself I guess.

Jun 11, 05 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Thank goodness, because we all know how beneficial the recent blobitecture craze has been for the built environment....

Jun 11, 05 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
caste

dont wet yourself citizen, im sure you can find an office that still believes in the right angle

Jun 11, 05 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
symmetry

columblobia

Jun 11, 05 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Dry as a bone here....

Jun 11, 05 7:46 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

u thought we doubted?

Jun 12, 05 8:29 am  · 
 · 
J3

funny shit!

Jun 12, 05 10:48 pm  · 
 · 
Nancy

from what I know, the school is still very much using max and maya--and yes, it regrets the blob stage. Moreover, Wigley's position is that Columbia can no longer be called the "computer school"--since really, all schools use the computer, and we wouldn't call other schools the "pencil school."

Jun 13, 05 10:25 am  · 
 · 
MiesvanderRice

Forget the blob stage? That's Columbia's best work ever! Why would Wrigley[sic] throw away the chewing gum of blobitechture that has brought Columbia so much fame? And just as Xefirotarch is about to prove the entire world wrong with it's daring pavilion at P.S.1?

Jun 13, 05 5:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: